"Light" map pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I was wondering, could someone compile a pack of maps most commonly played on the GFC custom map server? Even with a spiffy 1.5Mb connection, the idea of 4.08GB of CS maps makes me cringe.

If not a map pack, then perhaps a list of maps?

Divine said:
w00t tek seems like he might play =)
Aye, I definitely will, once I get back to my computer next week. Probably the earliest I can play is Tuesday night after the Tribe of Judah staff meeting, but I definitely want to come out to the server Tuesday or Wednesday night.

ok, the files are going offline for just a few minutes while i transfer them to my windows client desktop, cause my file server is going offline to put centos linux on it.

doh... as soon as i learn how...

talon is plotting to never give me the maps... so i can't kill him... ingenious...

:p

I'm working with hescominsoon to get azureas to host torrents off my new linux computer (computer isnt new, but the OS is new to me). Hopefully be up tomorrow, then the upload and download limits will be put on the program, and left up for prolly a long time.

Don't you have a fast uploading maps?

Some servers I join, they have their own banner on the download menu of Steam's games(EG; Counter-Strike). Super fast d/ling, 10-30 secs for a map! Compare to others, 3-10 mins(depending on host/game server)to d/ling a map!

Unless that costs extra...

The menu where you see a security bar, then if you dont have the map and its add-ons, it slowly downloads to your cpu, then once downloaded, it restarts the security and boots you to the specified map which you've calmly waited of the downloading map, to be playing on that server.

As soon as i get azureus working, here is what will happen, the upload speed will be locked to 50kbps, I will have a ton of Bittorrents hosted. 1. Small maps list, 2. the large 4gb bittorrent, 3. smaller bittorrents divided up into map categories.
So all cs maps will be one file, all as maps will be another file. I'm working on getting this set up, once thats done, they will stay up indefinelty.

For now, server sv_maxrates are locked at 10000, this translates to roughy 4kbps download for files.

Both torrents are back up, same links for downloading

If anyone is interested, here is a link for the torrent to download 300 custom counter strike source maps i have, its one rar file. http://131.191.62.217:6969/torrents/css+maps.rar.torrent?432D27BD468AD7C2F9A9EEB0EEF471EE86137CE2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back