July 2nd, 2005

RED

God's Presence

Read Luke 12:4-7

I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
-2 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV)

AS a child, I was terrified of two bullies who lived in the neighborhood. When I saw them on the way to school, I crossed the street so that I would not have to meet them face to face. If I saw them on the way home from school, I would run as fast as I could toward the safety of home. I lived in constant fear that they could harm me physically. But when I was with my father, I would walk right past those bullies without a hint of fear. I knew my father could and would protect me.

Like me with those bullies, Christians often face frightening circumstances. We are not immune to the traumas and tragedies of life. And persecution for the faith is not uncommon, even in the twenty-first century.

But God has not left us to our own defenses and devices. If we walk life's road hand in hand with our heavenly Father, we know that in spite of anything life may bring, we will be safe, because our Father is with us.
Robert E. Thomson (Florida. USA)
Prayer:
Dear Lord, teach us to trust you in every circumstance of life, knowing that you love us and desire for us only what is best. Amen.

Back