It's Tuesday, what happened to my Mage?

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
These are the changes for your class in 5.0.4. This list is not exhaustive and does not include glyphs. It’s purpose is to enable you to quickly see what’s different with your class.

If a power isn’t mentioned, it probably hasn’t changed much. If a power is marked as available to all specs, it may be a talent or have been changed to a core class power. If a power is marked as removed, it may be completely gone or now only part of a glyph.

Mage

Frostfire Bolt is now a baseline spell.
Mage’s mana regenerates 1.5x as fast as other classes’, and their haste increases their mana regeneration.
Remove Curse now removes all curses from the target, but has an 8 second cooldown.
Mage Armor now provides 3000 additional Mastery to the mage when in use.
Arcane Tactics is now available to all Mages.
Blazing Speed is now available to all Mages.
Cauterize is now available to all Mages.
Cold Snap is now available to all Mages.
Deep Freeze is now available to all Mages.
Ice Barrier is now available to all Mages.
Ice Flows is now available to all Mages.
Incanter’s Absorption has become Incanter’s Ward and is now available to all Mages.
Invocation has been buffed and is now available to all Mages.
Living Bomb is now available to all Mages.
Presence of Mind is now available to all Mages.
Scorch is now available to all Mages.
Shatter is now available to all Mages.

Arcane -- Choosing this spec causes you to gain Arcane Blast and Arcane Charges.

Arcane Charges now stack up to 6 times. They are generated by casting Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion. They are only shed by casting Arcane Barrage.
Consuming Arcane Charges causes Arcane Barrage to hit one additional target per charge used.
Focus Magic no longer exists.

Fire -- Choosing this spec causes you to gain Pyroblast.

*NEW* Inferno Blast -- Spreads your fire DOTs to 2 additional targets. Replaces Fire Blast
Critical Mass -- causes Fire crits to do additional damage.

Frost -- Choosing this spec causes you to gain Summon Water Elemental

Frostbolt -- now also increases Frost spell damage on affected targets. Stacks 3 times.
*NEW* Frozen Orb: Replaces Frostfire Orb with an orb that fires out Frostbolts as it travels.
Improved Cone of Cold no longer exists.

O.K. - after now playing around a bit with the fire spec I am really, really enjoying the changes. The proc-before-the-proc (called *heating up*) is genius. Before it's existence my main pet peeve was the waiting game of chain crits to land before being able to use Combustion. This is a great way to make Fire a much more predictable dps chart rather than "hot or cold" - sorry, just couldn't resist :)

Anyone else of the same or differing opinion?

Since Todd has confirmed that he will no longer be playing I will have to level my mage again. Have to keep the ratio of fail mages in the guild the same.

Back