Is this Guild Dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its when they transfer characters that you know they are moving...not when they start one on another server. I made a BE rogue to come and visit my friends in MSC the other day :)

Before I retired from WoW, I had characters in multiple Christian guilds, but I still spent the lion's share of my time with Redeemed and Mustard Seed Conspiracy.

Three guild members creating new characters on another server and joining another Christian guild with alts doesn't indicate a dying guild.

I guess that's just coupled with the rarity of seeing people online and when co-leaders start spending the bulk of their time somewhere else...

I guess that's just coupled with the rarity of seeing people online and when co-leaders start spending the bulk of their time somewhere else...

Well, considering that I'm the only co-leader who rolled a toon on Thunderhorn, let me answer this response that is CLEARLY directed at me.

I log onto Blade's Edge every day. I do all my dailies, plus farm at least 5 primals a day, and transmute a diamond or Primal Might. If you do the math, that's at least 2 hours, some days as much as 4 depending on how fast we win the BG. Due to my schedule, I'm usually the only guild member on the whole time. My medical condition, medications, and other factors are the primary reasons that my play schedule is so erratic.

So I log onto another server, where I can actually enjoy guild chat with a group of people who I enjoy. Since my new druid is only level 30, I'm too low to participate in any guild activities, but that is not why I rolled a toon there.

I got into a discussion with someone who SWORE that a low level toon can't make money without help. So I rolled a new toon on a new server to prove it wrong. (By level 12 I had over 150g, and by level 20 I powerleveled 2 characters to 225 Engineering, bought several AH greens and blues and still had over 100g left over. My goal is to hit 500g before I hit 40) Jo researched Christian guilds so she could play with me, and we could level together. I'm interested in rolling a Druid, but I have no-one to "pick" their brain here, again, since no one is on when I play. Jo found The Narrow Path, a Christian guild on Thunderhorn, and they just happen to have enough druids to film a "The Birds" remake.

Before I moved to Blade's Edge, I had a toon on the Arathor server. When I wanted to roll on Horde, I moved here. Even before I found this guild, I noticed 2 things about Blade's Edge:
1. The economy is horrible. Really bad, in comparison to most other servers. The AH and building wealth is a mini-game that I really enjoy. I've played on 3 different servers, but am on several forums with other players who discuss the Wealth building game on different servers and games. Blade's Edge is considered, by most WoW players, to be in a recession.
2. The language in Trade is horrible. Many people says that it's normal for a game, but it is not. This server is full of vitriol and hate in Trade. Since I play the economy game, Trade is important to me, but I usually turn it off, thereby turning off a part of the game that I usually enjoy.

I still play on Blade's Edge, every day, and spend the "bulk" of my time here. I just hit 13K lifetime kills in BGs, fight my 10 Area matches every week, got all the pets from children's week, and am about to start my grind for the Admiral's Hat (1800 Booty Bay Bruisers to kill) :eek: As you can see, unfortunately, NONE of those activities include anyone else. Because of my schedule, I have resigned myself to activities that I can solo.

Lastly, let me say this. I am OFFENDED that I have to explain my self to anyone. I can see no other reason for the original post other than gossip and stirring up drama, especially when the original poster decides to come back and point a finger to a specific person, in this case, me. That was uncalled for, highly offensive, childish, and rude.

I know, you will claim concern for this guild is what prompted the post, but calling me out was a personal attack.

Last edited:
Lechuza, I am so sorry that you took this so personally. It was not meant as an attack on you and I'm sorry that you feel like you are being attacked. You are just 1 of 4 people from MSC that I've seen create accounts with TNP. I heard such great things about TNP that I created a toon there myself to check them out. I guess my original post was my reaction to seeing the stark difference between MSC and TNP.

The server here is pretty vulgar and I needed a bit of vacation from it. But not the guild. I love the people here and I think we have a wonderful core to start up again.

I don't spend as much time on here anymore mainly because when I am on (normally now evening to midmorning next day) no one is on. No one on my friends list or guild. I do check on my toons here and do a couple of dailies with Madiera - but it is quiet.

I am hoping with time things will change - I have some alts here I am excited to level, but it will be tough without help. I have a frost mage I may twink (not sure what level) and a druid healer I want to take to 70 to help the guild.

I do like the activity on Thunderhorn, but MSC was the first Christian guild I found in WoW, and it has a special place in my heart. (They also were the reason I started on the Horde side... how different it was!)

Lechuza, I am so sorry that you took this so personally. It was not meant as an attack on you and I'm sorry that you feel like you are being attacked. You are just 1 of 4 people from MSC that I've seen create accounts with TNP. I heard such great things about TNP that I created a toon there myself to check them out. I guess my original post was my reaction to seeing the stark difference between MSC and TNP.

TNP is a great guild, and a great bunch of people. But I've been here too long to just leave, unless I get asked to. In that case, I'd just log out and not come back. ( my level 70 dorf is still sitting in Shat, doing nothing)

I will admit, I have am irrational hatred (and I do mean that word) of gossip, and even perceived gossip. I've seen families and churches torn apart by it, and even one suicide. I tend to react strongly to any that I think I see.

You don't know me very well if you honestly think that I would spend $25 per character to move them to a new server. :eek:

Especially when I can level a hunter to 70 in a couple of hard weeks if I try, and decked in PvP epics 2 weeks after that. :cool:

You don't know me very well if you honestly think that I would spend $25 per character to move them to a new server. :eek:

Lechuza, let me just expand on the above quote with two points. Number one is that I never said anything about anyone transferring characters to another server. Number two is that I will readily admit that I don't know anyone on MSC very well. I know a couple of things about people that they have been willing to share but that's a far cry from actually knowing them. I would never try to assign a motivation or end goal to someones actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back