Is the church the truth?

Eon, my freind
smile.gif

I can assure you that you make us think, as well, and this site would not be anywhere near what it is without your presence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr_Eon @ June 25 2003,8:51)]<round of applause for the guys, and for Byron too - it takes a better class of person to climb down like that>

Eon
and girls too!

I don't make any critical distinction between genders, Cheryl - to me you'll always be one of the guys!

And thanks, Timor!

Eon

Ahhh. All's well that ends well.
An interesting debate it FINALLY reached towards the middle. A poor start, but it ended good.
Kudos guys.

Is the church the truth?

No.

Jesus is.

Seeing as nobody else actually answered your posts topic question. I thought I would.

2nd post in a week. Hmmm, I must have gotten some time back. I'll have to change that.

Agrees.  The church isnt the truth.  Christianity wasnt ment to be about the bible or religion.  The bible is God breathed and the word of God, but Christianity was ment to be about a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Its great to have the head knowledge, but there has to be alot of heart knowledge too.

I have to agree with Sax too, if Jesus is made up or not, he is one hella of good role model to follow, and this is my basis for my belief. To tell you the truth I really could care more about what the church teaches and what the bible says, although they are both a good direction back onto the path of Jesus if you fall astray by any chance. My conern though is mainly just loving people like Jesus did, I think that enough is all the glory that god could possibly desire.

I heard this before, that religions are all fingers pointing to the moon, and what people should concentrate on, is not the finger, but the moon.

Same with, religions are spokes on a wheel all leading to the center, it's the center you should concentrate on and not the spokes (check out the India flag
smile.gif
).

Hear, hear - I've often said that if more Christians spent their time trying to BE a good Christian and less trying to make ME into one, then the faith as a whole might breed emulation by example.

Eon

agreed you can't just preach the message on deaf ears. There are times when people are receptive to hearing about our beliefs. But people always have time to take notice of our actions.

Jesus is the answer

and the bible is a testament about him coming, and his life here.

God loves his people, and wants to relate to all of them, closley and intimately, but he also leaves the choice to us.

I'm glad that I know him myself. That is real and not a theory.

sealcomm

So what's the word on BygByron? Is he gonna hang around? Note I've been out for a while, so hey. I'm clueless.
Ahh. More debates BygByron! We won't ban you for "cursing" as "it's a WORD".
Speaking of which, did Xominous ever say he was just going to jet off or did he just depart without a farewell, like, "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home." Because I did post fairly long against him in that one topic he made where he basically bashed us without reason and had a few decent questions, but poorly thought out and worded and showed a lot of ignorance...just wondering if he'll ever come back.
So Byg, what ARE you. You're not Taoist, you just practice Taoism? So you're a skeptic-in-waiting?

Back