Intro

CaveTroll

Just thought I'd introduce the new kid on the block...
My names Josiah, I'm a christian for most of my life and have also been a gamer. so it was a heaven send when i found this site. My first gaming love was Tribes followed by tribes 2 which i just recently "retired" from. I am now on the hunt for another great multi-player game. To tide me over im playing Medal of Honor Allied Assualt Spearhead online. If anyone sees the name Cave Troll thats me. Other then my gaming life i play basketball and Redemption(a Christian CCG) and hope to some day try to get a good Christian game on the market(some day some way...some how...) well thats me!

Josiah

Welcome CaveTroll!

We're glad you found us and welcome to the forums! We have a general section as well if you click on the ChristianGamers Alliance Forums link you'll see the forums. We just have our own section. But there are lots of different gaming chapters and great servers for you to join.

So you want to get into game development? That's pretty cool. We have some developer members here. In fact we had another new member who is looking for other devs, check this thread out...

http://www.cgalliance.org/cgi-bin....3;t=578

God Bless!

Cheryl
CCGR

Welcome CaveTroll. Thanks for sharing and let us know you are here. It's always nice to hear from new people.

I am a big Medal of Honor fan too. But I don't really play on-line. In general, I am a single player type of person.

I recently met several of the ol' Tribes developers. Unfortunately, Dyanmix is no more.
sad.gif
Some of them (Christian's) formed the company BraveTree and created a very nice multi-player game called ThinkThanks. Check out the CCGR review here. And BraveTree's website.

If you like Redemption, check out the brand new game 'Victory at Hebron' from Brethren Entertainment. Once again, check out the preview on CCGR. There is also a demo available. The game has kept me up to the wee hours of the night. It uses a different battle algorithm than the card game, so you may need to get used to that. I'm currently playing through it. It is a very strategy-rich game. And as you get higher and higher in rank, and find really nice gems, staves, and combo cards, you are continually updating your strategy.

You do game development too, kewl. I'm really no more then a frustrated game developer, as i lack any and creativity. Online games rock, and the best one out there now, in my opinion, is Enemy Territory, which is free to download. I think you can get it here.

Well, I have absolutely no skill with programming and computer technology...okay, maybe some skill. My lack of skill is mostly because I haven't applied myself to the proper mathematics courses because I have a learning disability in math. I have a great idea for a Christian game that could, possibly, break out onto the mainstream market. So, here I am, writing this article, and telling you about my woes at wanting to be a game dev...and I decided to be a game reviewer. Hmm. That's interesting. Yeah, a game reviewer. I plan on majoring in journalism at Metropolitan State College at Denver, and then trying, however feebly, to get a job at a place like EGM or GMR, both from Ziff-Davis Media. And after that? Well, I hope to start a Christian Gaming magazine.

hehe CCGR always has the best answer for us
biggrin.gif

Cave, ur always welcome to join us Tribe of Judah, Christian Gamer's community. It's free, and seeing ur a christian, u already have all the requirements to become our member. Have you tried Counter-Strike? its a first-person-shooter game, very popular among ToJ members (well i gues it used to.. many of them aren't here anymore) and I'm one of the Co-leaders of Fls (Few left Standing) a christian CS (counter-strike) Clan. If ur interested, Pm me
biggrin.gif

Back