Interesting TF2 stats

I think it's interesting to note that Medic and Pyro are the least played classes, and Medics have the shortest lifespan.

<3 for Medic and Pyro.

That's pretty cool. I figured Valve was collecting this kind of info, but I didn't know it was publicly available.

Speaking for myself, I've kinda adopted the Pyro as my recent favorite. I'll be the first to admit that the combination of a lack of time playing online FPSs and my aged and decrepit state have combined to atrophy my fast-twitch, true-aim reflexes, and the ability to just spray a cone of flame in front of me lets me at least feel like I'm contributing something to the cause. And, as I mentioned last night, I have the whole Pyro-kamikaze instinct down cold (er...no pun intended). Hey, at least I can convince myself that if I run to the CP, light 3 or 4 guys momentarily aflame, and die gruesomely to the level 3 sentry hiding around the corner, maybe the other team will be laughing at me hard enough that a couple of my saner teammates can sneak in behind me and cap the CP.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :D

Last edited:
Pyro's are *great* at clearing and breaking defense (or offense) in Control Point maps, especially an ubered Pyro. Granted, he has to get close enough to make it happen, but when he does, the opposition scatters like confused and panicked flies.

Good on ya man, the game needs more Pyros to show those cocky soldiers that a rocket isn't the be all and end all. :)

I usually play a Pyro and I think I have gotten the hang of it. The key is to move around your target so they cant get a shot on you, but you need to be close enough to where your flame reaches them.

I think a pyros' worst enemy is a heavy.

I have lots of problems with Heavies, and less problems with Soldiers.

Elihu is exempt from this... =P

Did the Pyro get a speed boost recently? He seems faster for some reason...or maybe I'm just noticing for the first time how fast is 'cuz I'm finally getting a chance to play him in games. :p

The Pyro moves at 100% speed, I think. Definitely faster than a Soldier.

And I'd agree that Soldier is the class that scares me most as a Pyro. From a distance rocket > shotgun. Up close rocket at feet > 3-4 ticks of flame damage. A Heavy at range is death, but up close I can usually circle strafe around them and stay out of their cone of fire. I drop a fair percentage up close. Soldiers kill me no matter where they are.

Back