Int

SLNT_FIR

:eek:

I'm back into SC! :eek:

Kind of. I like playing Co-Op and played on our local network, me and my friend.

Now i'm gonna try to get on battle.net and hope that the other people that share my CD-Key didn't mess it up... T_T

We'll see.

I'm using somethign that allows me to run it w/out CD. However, B.net hates that, can't identify version... XP

Gotta re-install or find the _.dll responsible... *probably storm...

If you want that program, it runs BROOD and OLD whether or not you have both. :D

Ask if u want it.

and hope that the other people that share my CD-Key didn't mess it up... T_T

To give you a positive thought, my Starcraft game is a burned CD.

Traxdata CD-R Silver CD Recordable 74 minute/650 MB

Has a contest here that you could win a, Ferrari F355 Spider, which would last till December of 1998. Its 2005. I have no idea who has the original Starcraft CD.

In Short, I've had the burned Starcraft CD for 7+ years. :)

:eek: lol. ok.

But iahve some um. techincal difficulties. i just sent an e-mail to blizzard asking for support.

***BTW, I can play NORMALLY with a 3rd party program. BUT B.NET CANNOT ACCESS APLIC TYPE with taht program. it tells me to reinstall, but i will not casue i can't even get ingame with the newwest patch installed.*** read on anyway.

"Starcraft is unable to read a required file. Your Starcraft CD may not be in the CDROM drive. Please ensure that the Starcraft disc is in the CDROM drive and press OK. TO leave the program, press Exit."

I installed StarCraft and I want to be able to access B.net

I noticed that StarCraft plays completely normal before I updated it with the patch v1.13. However, when I update it, this is when I get the error.

I notice I can get the game to work normally with a program that allows me to play SC without CD. However, this also leads the the problem that B.net is not able to access my application version

I'm using somethign that allows me to run it w/out CD.

The problem with running a Cd-Crack means you can't play on-line.
Only TCP-IP and Lan; you can only play with someone in your existing household.

You could always buy Starcraft, its around $10. Or the Starcraft BattleChest, around $20.

Last edited:
My copy of sc was burned too, payed 20$ for it. But then bought brood wars when it came out, and found the original cd at a garage sale for 5$. :)
U can play online with a cd crack, I've used a cd crack for warcraft and SC, hated looking for cds. I crack most of my games that require cds to play.

Yea, I figured. I still haven't gotten my tech support e-mail. I think I'm gonna buy the whole thing. It's not gonna hurt, I never spend money really. :eek:

My parents don't want me to buy games, because my mom thinks this way:

Games = Less Time Studying

Therefore:

MORE Games = even MORE time less studying
---
Luckily my dad tells my mom that it means:

More Games = MORE variety, not more time.

However, my mom doesn't want me to buy games even with my own money... >_<

But SC will be an exception. I'm gonna get it from... Where? eBay? Yea...

I'm in a bind, so I'm stuck without B.net so I can't play with you guys until I get a REAL game. Because even if I can get on B.net I can't get on the account, because the person I got it from had it BURNED also, and I do not know the B.net Account name, password, etc... Gotta BUY ONE! :eek:

Because even if I can get on B.net I can't get on the account, because the person I got it from had it BURNED also, and I do not know the B.net Account name, password, etc...

Once you put in the CD-Key before installation, you can make any accounts as you want on B.net.

You could always play the Single Campaigns, or Custom games to practice yourself, or msn/aim/yahoo someone to play with you on TCP-IP, you can play up to 8 people on TCP-IP, depending on the game map.

HUH TCP-IP??? What you mean use msn/aim/yahoo???

Me and my firend want to play, so he's coming over to my HOUSE to cnnect to my network, so he can play... no b.net

how do you do that?
or msn/aim/yahoo someone to play with you on TCP-IP, you can play up to 8 people on TCP-IP, depending on the game map.

Me and my firend want to play, so he's coming over to my HOUSE to cnnect to my network, so he can play... no b.net

how do you do that?

Oh nvm, I see.

On Diablo 2, you could connect onto their connection by getting their IP address.

It wouldnt get you to play people on b.net, but instead, get your "trusted" friends to play with you.

Last edited:

how do you do that?[quote}

There's 2 installs u can do drom the SC cd one is full and thre's another one on the load menu for your friend. It lets your friend play against u. I think I used to play over the internet with my cuz using it. I remember one person went recieve while the other dialed.
Anyone remember using their phone line to play SC, that was some crazy stuff.

Back