Infant salvation

The same reason we fight to stop murder. Because as Christians we value the gift of life and despise injustice. As followers of Christ, God desires that we seek justice and defend the oppressed (Isaiah 1:17).

Totally a rhetorical question. ;)

*scratches head totally confused*

Pelagrin, I don't get it. You made the original post, and in watching the video, it seems that it would support most of what everyone else is saying here? He ended by saying what he thought - that he would see his child - not "I don't know."

So, which is it, is

.... a great response to the question, "where do babies go when they die?"

Or not?

--------

13Then little children were brought to Jesus, that He might put His hands on them and pray; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them.

14But He said, Leave the children alone! Allow the little ones to come to Me, and do not forbid or restrain or hinder them, for of such [as these] is the kingdom of heaven composed.

15And He put His hands upon them, and then went on His way.

25When the disciples heard this, they were utterly puzzled (astonished, bewildered), saying, Who then can be saved [[g]from eternal death]?

26But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.(F)

Matthew 19

Yeah, I think Jesus made it clear ...

1) He has chosen them, "Allow the little ones to come to me."
2) They are in heaven, "for of such is the kingdom of heaven composed."
3) We don't have to understand how it works, "With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God"

*scratches head totally confused*

Pelagrin, I don't get it. You made the original post, and in watching the video, it seems that it would support most of what everyone else is saying here? He ended by saying what he thought - that he would see his child - not "I don't know."

So, which is it...

I mostly posted the video because I thought the guy in the video had a good answer to the question. He acknowledges that the age of accountability is unbiblical and that we are all sinners from our mother's womb.

He acknowledges that God does the saving and that we are not saved by a personal decision that we make. He explains scripturally that God can save the infant in the womb. He doesn't clearly say that he knows for certain that infants are saved. In fact, he says that he doesn't know if God saved his infant. That's up to God. He makes it clear that he hopes and expects to see his child in Heaven, but if he doesn't then that's up to Jesus.

Ultimately, what I really like about his answer is that he points to Christ. He basically says, 'don't worry about the question. Trust Jesus.'

I still stand by the idea that this passage:

"While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who knows, the Lord may be gracious to me, that the child may live.' But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will nt return to me." (II Samuel 12:15-23).

of Davids prayer for his baby that God took away from him for David's, well, big butt boo boo, gives us the most hope that the salvation of infants is in the hands of God.

Back