I'd like to know your spiritual gifts

Malohaut

http://www.churchgrowth.org/cgi-cg/gifts.cgi?id=103001

This is a really great site. It doesn't just tell you what your dominate gifts are, but it customizes the explaination based on your answers. I would recommend each of you try it and share what your two dominate gifts are and share some of the highlights of what it explains. Now before it gives your results, it will ask for personal answers about you. Don't worry. Just fake some addresses and you can move on and get your results. Its up to you. As for me, my 2 dominate gifts are: (along with a sample of the personalized report given to me)

Mercy (20)

As a mercy-shower you are willing to deal with and minister to people who have needs that most people feel very uncomfortable working with. You seem to say the right thing at the right time. Your personality is likely one of soft-spoken love. It hurts you to scold someone; you are very non-condemning. People love you because of all the love you give them. You find it easy to express yourself and are outgoing with a low-key, inoffensive personality. You are easy to talk to, responsive to people, a good listener, peaceable, and agreeable. You tend to make decisions based on feelings more than fact and like to think about things for a while before making a decision.

Teaching (17)

You love the Word, enjoy reading, may be a little shy of strangers, are creative and imaginative, and prefer teaching groups over individuals. You are generally confident, self-disciplined, and sometimes technical. You probably love charts, graphs, and lists. You would sometimes rather just do research, but "must teach" because others would not teach it the way you would. The use of a verse out of context upsets you and you question the knowledge of those who teach you. You are organized and enjoy studying. You are so concerned with accuracy that you often dwell on the trivial, giving others the feeling that you give too many details. Some may even think you are boring.

My Spiritual Gifts

I first heard about these tests about a year ago, and have taken a couple of them, and this particular one a couple of times, now. One thing I have noticed, is that a lot of what you get depends on your mood, or thinking at the time. The first time I took it, everything came out even. I had no clue what to think of it. Then I found this one and took it, and again for the sake of this post. I don't remember my last results (I think I printed them out, but don't know where it's at), so I can't say how they compare. My church was going to start a series of classes devoted to different gift related studies, so those who attend could find their gift mix. We only had one class, and it seemed to be put on the back burner. One of the things that I brought up is to have someone else do the test for you. Sometimes, I think, we do things or have a passion for things, that we don't realize. Or maybe we don't think we're as good at something as others do. So, that might be a thing to try out. Anyway, here's my results.

Evangelism: 13
Prophecy: 18
Teaching: 14
Exhortation: 18
Pastor/Shepherd: 16
Showing Mercy: 15
Serving: 14
Giving: 8
Administration: 14

Your dominant gifts are Exhortation, Prophecy

The results of your Spiritual Gifts Inventory indicate that your number one dominant gift is EXHORTATION! The Greek word "parakaleo" means to admonish, to encourage, to beseech. You are a "how to" person. You have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by motivating others to action by urging them to pursue a course of conduct. In a teaching position, you are able to explain how to apply God's Word. Your goal is to present material that enables the Holy Spirit to promote change in the student's life. You reach out and help Christians become more mature.

As an exhorter you are a very practical person, a good counselor, tolerant of others, serious-minded, orderly, and usually impulsive. You are expressive in a group setting; the group listens when you speak. You are comfortable working one-on-one or in groups. You are enthusiastic and talkative and enjoy encouraging others.

You are burdened to show how Scripture relates to conduct and have a desire to unify people by using practical rather than doctrinal issues. You likely place great importance on God's will and believe that His Word has the answer for every problem. You tend to make decisions logically rather than on feelings and are very orderly.

Be careful not to interrupt other people; your enthusiasm sometimes makes you guilty of this. Others may think you don't use enough Scripture in teaching because you tend to use Scripture to support what you are teaching rather than starting with Scripture.

Unlike teachers, you have the willingness to teach the same material again and again, updating and perfecting it as you do. As a counselor you usually have the ability to leave other people's problems "in the office" rather than letting them drag you down.

Beware of Satan's attack on your gift. He may cause pride in your motivational abilities. He may influence you to lose sight of people because of program emphasis. Don't become discouraged when results are not evident. Be careful not to encourage others to do the wrong things through your persuasive abilities.

HOW CAN YOU USE YOUR DOMINANT GIFT? You may use your special gift in many areas. You may want to be a leadership trainer. You could certainly serve as a counselor in church or in a counseling center. You could teach in church training or seminars or even small groups. You would make a good telephone ministry worker and would be a tremendous volunteer to follow up with new converts. You would work well as an encourager with those who are discouraged and as a counselor in a drug or alcohol program, rescue mission, poverty program, half-way house or runaway ministry or in a shelter for abused women and children. You could also use your gift in organizing or serving in a Men's or Women's Ministry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The results of your Spiritual Gifts Inventory indicate that your second dominant gift is PROPHECY! That does not mean you are supposed to have visions of the future. It means you are a "forthteller," telling or "speaking forth" the mind of God: preaching, speaking, and teaching God's Word. You are very discerning; one who points out sin with the goal of making Christians aware of sin in their lives so they will repent. A prophet in full-time Christian service is usually a "hell-fire, brimstone preacher." You have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by proclaiming His truth.

As a prophet you have an ability to see that which is wrong. In fact, you tend to easily spot what is wrong and have to look to find something right. You probably spend much time praying and even weeping over the sins of the church and for lost sinners. You have a great burden over the sinful condition of the world around you. Because of this, you take every opportunity to proclaim that everyone must repent or perish.

You have a strong sense of duty and are very opinionated, impatient, and likely more depressed or serious than lighthearted about life. You enjoy being alone, but would rather be in a group than relate to people one-on-one. You desire to speak publicly. You are able to make quick decisions and want things done right. You do not like in-depth study.

Other people may think you are demanding, that you enjoy hurting people's feelings, and that you have no understanding. One of your greatest challenges is to keep a spirit of love. Remember to "speak the truth in love" (Eph. 4:15) and not to be judgmental. If you keep a tender, loving heart, you will be a blessing in your home, church, and to individuals. You can make a real impact on their spirituality. Be careful to let the Holy Spirit convict people, rather than trying to convict them yourself. Work on being a little more positive, patient, and tactful.

Beware of Satan's attack on your gift. He may try to cause a lack of compassion and forgiveness, bring discouragement because of unrepentant attitudes by others, entice you to fall into the very sins you speak against or cause pride and self-righteousness over lack of certain sins.

HOW CAN YOU USE YOUR DOMINANT GIFT? There are several avenues in which to carry out the gift of prophecy. Revival speaking is certainly a fitting ministry. You can pastor well IF you have a secondary gift of pastor/shepherd. You are a great help in problem-solving for a church with a sin problem. You could also serve in teaching on Gospel teams, in prison ministry, in migrant ministry, and in counseling to help bring awareness of sin in a person's life. You could speak at conferences and retreats.

So there's my gifts...what do you think? What should I be doing with my gifts.

Of course, I think it's sort of funny that my one dominant gift says that I am comfortable working one-on-one or in groups and the other (with the same number) says that I would rather be in a group than relate to people one-on-one. Maybe the emphasis I added to or is true.

Thoughts? Comments? Discuss!

Your first step would be to look at how God has used your gifts in the past. Share now what God did in the past to use your gift of exhortation. And share what God did in the past to use your gift of prophecy.

Gyllis the encouraging troubleshooter. You have the heart to search out what is wrong in churches and groups and try to correct it. You desire people, specifically the body of Christ to grow and thrive. But you also recognize that there are briars and hinderances that slow and even hurt this growth. Perhaps God wants to use Dark Ages of Camelot as sort of a training camp for you. He wants you to practice keeping a body of Christ growing and thriving; to identify potential problems from troublemakers, discouragement, or chaos and weed them out. So if you feel in your heart to keep the Trinity going, I say go for it. But keep in mind that you are not doing it under your own power, but under God's power and guidance. Seek Him for wisdom, strength, and direction and He will help teach you in the ways of church maintenance.

Sounds about right? What do you think?

My Spiritual Gifts

Malohaut thanks for the Great site by the way I found it fun and challenging to answer truthfully. My wife tells me I’ll be a pastor someday because God promised her she’ll be a Pastors wife.

Evangelism 9
Prophecy 15
Teaching 15
Exhortation 17
Pastor/Shepard 20
Showing Mercy 9
Serving 15
Giving 7
Administration 18

I do need to work on giving, opps

Your dominant gifts are Pastor/Shepherd, Administration

The results of your Spiritual Gifts Inventory indicate that your number one dominant gift is PASTORING/SHEPHERDING! The Greek word "poimen" means pastor. In Paul's spiritual gifts listing in Ephesians 4:11, this term is translated "pastor." Although the word "poimen" is translated pastor only one time in Scripture it is used sixteen additional times. The remaining sixteen are all translated "shepherd." Therefore, we are actually discussing the GIFT of shepherding, not the POSITION of pastor. Though a good pastor must have the gift of shepherding, everyone who has the gift of shepherding is not called to be pastor. The gift can be used in many positions in a church.
As a gifted shepherd, you have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by overseeing, training, and caring for the needs of a group of Christians. You are usually very patient, people-centered, and willing to spend time in prayer for others. You tend to be a "Jack of All and Master of ONE," meaning you are usually dominant in one of the speaking gifts (evangelist, prophet, teacher, exhorter) as well. You are often authoritative, more a leader than a follower, and expressive, composed, and sensitive. Your pleasing personality draws people to you.
You have a burden to see others learn and grow and are protective of those under your care. You want to present the whole Word of God and do not like to present the same materials more than once. You are willing to study what is necessary to feed your group and are more relationship oriented than task oriented. You are a peace-maker and diplomat - very tolerant of people's weaknesses. You tend to remember people's names and faces. You are more concerned with doing for others than others doing for you. You are faithful and devoted and may become a workaholic. You can become an all-purpose person in order to meet needs.
The results of your Spiritual Gifts Inventory indicate that your second dominant gift is ADMINISTRATION! The Greek word "kubernesis" means one who steers a ship. This expert had the responsibility to bring a ship into the harbor through the rocks and shoals, under all types of pressures. As an administrator you have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by organizing, administering, promoting, and leading the various affairs of the church. The administrator is not a glorified file clerk.
As an administrator you are a take-charge person who jumps in and starts giving orders when no one is in charge. You will put a plan on paper and start delegating responsibility. You may lean toward organizing things, events or programs, OR toward organizing people, emphasizing personal relationships and leadership responsibilities. In the first case, you usually organize details and have people carry them out. In the second case, you tend to organize people and rely on others to take care of the little things.

So I might as well get those correspondence courses done.!

Hey Gyllis and Malohaut, we really miss you two alot. Gyllis have you thought about playing WoW? Its very solo-friendly, and i know you dont like to level grind. :)

I think the thing Gyllis is turned off most about WoW is that you can't really preach Christ like you can in Dark Ages of Camelot. I think his desire to do that is stronger than his desire to play and have fun.

Plus, I know he's quite busy in real life as well as seeking the Lord for further guidance and direction.

As for me, I got my computer back, but just need to get it hooked to the internet and find a way to re-open my account (as I don't have a bank account or credit card, though I have heard you can purchase a gaming card for such a case)

How are things for you Odale?

Anthony. In a way, you are kind of a pastor now. Well, more of a minister I guess. By your walk and your research and your religious discussion topics, you are challenging the body of Christ as well as seeking to help them grow. You are taking care of the Lord's flock, and are going through God's personalized training for the day when you may become called to the pulpit. So keep on in prayer. For I know that with those spiritual gifts and your heart and your wonderfully supportive wife, that there are great things planned for you!

Back