How to become infinitely better at LoL (basically for 30s only)

_ALF_

So I consider myself a pretty decent player, but I would still be 50/50 win losses in ranked due to my teammates being mediocre/feeders/trolls ect.

Then I learned to jungle, now I have gone from silver 5 to silver 2 in about 1 week.

My advice?

Learn to jungle, not with Amumu, since he is often banned 98% of games in ranked.
It doesn't truly matter who you play as, but learning to jungle not only helps your team, but it helps you become better in almost every role.

Things you are forced to do as a jungler:
1) Watch the mini map at all times, you are then in the habit of knowing where your team is, what lanes need pushing, what lanes are over extending, and where the enemy is.
2) Forces you to learn to communicate with your team quickly
3) You can punish enemy players who are overly confident while beating one of your teammates in a lane.
4) With practice, you will know that your team will be given effective protection and ganking during the game, a bad jungler in ranked usually breaks a team.

Jungling before you get a full rune page and mastery setup for your jungler will result in more frustration than success, so I recommend you wait until 30 to become a jungling fiend.

Some champions in my opinion that warrant playing/practice in ranked:
Hecarim: I main as Hecarim and am currently around 18 win and 8 losses, and most games I lose, I still have fun.
Rengar: A cool choice, ganks well early game, but can fall off late game, hopefully your team has kept playing well and you will be fine.
Nocturne: Amazing ult, fast jungler, great fear.
Xin: Still has a slightly OP lvl 2 ganking ability set, great dmg output, but if you don't succeed in ganking repeatedly, he can fall off and become impotent.
Moaki: This tree when played well has amazing counter gank potential, and having an uninterrupted gap closer is amazing.
Vi: Amazing jungle clear time, 2 great gap closers, tanky as all getout.
Lee Sin: I have yet to play him, but a well played lee can carry the whole team, but if you are bad at skillshots, dont bother.
Jarvan: Starts a bit slow, but has a great gap closer, tanky, and his Ult=death unless you have flash up. (He is harder to jungle than solo top however, so I personally wouldn't jungle with him.)

Mediocre choices:
Sej: I have seen players do well jungling with her, but I haven't seen one hard carry a team yet, like the above champs can do.
Fiddlesticks: Great jungling, nice ult in a teamfight, but due to his crazy slow movement speed, you dont really get opportunities to regank, and if you fail once, you fail hard. He can carry, but its a pretty big gamble in my opinion.
Malphite: Better suited to solo top, slow, and usually banned.
Shyvana: I haven't played against or with an amazing shyvana yet, she is decent, but doesn't have a hard carry potential.
Nasus: Better suited to solo top, very slow at jungling, I have seen some do well, but not worth the risk of being countered imo.
Tryndamere: I personally feel when played, he should solo top, I have seen a skilled tryn carry a team, but thats more due to his ult used well than the jungling control. (in my opinion)
Rammus: Great if well played, but since the recent nerfs in the past 6 months, there are better choices
Chogath: Decent, but far better suited to solo top
Yi: Horrendous late game, which kills his usefulness in ranked, yes, he is OP before 30, yes he can BD well, but his lack of utility, just pure dps and heals, prevents him from being a great jungler carry in my opinion.

There are other junglers I am forgetting or not mentioning, but I feel that I have given a helpful list of options thus far, I will comment on any other champ ideas or questions you all have.

Once you feel confident playing normals (I usually play 10-15 til I feel I am skilled enough to jungle in ranked)

Now that you are in ranked....

Communicate with your team, ask for help, never demand, communicate your ganks in type and in pings, always watch the map.

Good luck...

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts and observations. A friend of mine was just telling me about jungling, saying I shouldn't be afraid of trying it in due time. Nice to see more input on the art of jungling. :)

The main problems you run into are horrid duo Qs and feeders, you cant carry when your team just flat out wont take the kills you hand them :p

Last season I was in silver and this season I've managed to make my way into gold. Here's another good piece of advice.

Play 1 champion as much as possible.

If you can master 1 champion you should easily be able to carry a lot more games. I focused on only playing Zed (top, mid or jungle) and I have over a 70% win rate with him with over 50 games.

Last season I was in silver and this season I've managed to make my way into gold. Here's another good piece of advice.

Play 1 champion as much as possible.

If you can master 1 champion you should easily be able to carry a lot more games. I focused on only playing Zed (top, mid or jungle) and I have over a 70% win rate with him with over 50 games.

While I agree you should have a champ that you dominate at, the problem that this incurs in ranked is that
A) You can't guarantee that you get what roll you want
B) You can hurt your team comp by demanding/only playing one role

PS be prepared to start getting bored of LoL
when you stop jungling to let someone else do it, they fail 90% of the time, and you know it bc you would do it so much better xD

While I agree you should have a champ that you dominate at, the problem that this incurs in ranked is that
A) You can't guarantee that you get what roll you want
B) You can hurt your team comp by demanding/only playing one role
That's why I said pick it as much as possible. It's handy to be good at a small handful of champions.

Back