how do christians know if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
if we're just blowing our chances or is God trying to teach us something or what? i know that God wont give me anything i cant handle but still, i cant seem to handle alot of it... help?

well, atown, it may seem hard at the time and it truly is. But, we need to keep our eyes fixed on jesus as if he were a magnet and our eyes were made of solid iron.
laugh.gif
aha aha... ha... aaaaa........................ lame joke. but i do mean that... I am still reading the bible everyday, and it is clear that we will face hard things, but we needa sit through them and try our best even if the tunnel door is shut. (no light at the end). don't forget, Jesus is the button next to the door!
biggrin.gif

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I Corinthians 10:13

Look at Job! After all he went through, he not only didn't have any true friends to console him, his wife was there nagging with horrible advice! I cannot imagine his loss. In his undying trust in the LORD I think he understood Romans 8:28 long before it was written.

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: I Peter 1:7

I think my biggest discouragement comes when I feel God has forsaken me. Jesus felt the same in Psalm 22. Those are the times, in the heat of the battle, to know God's Word is true, He will never leave us, nor forsake us. The enemy wants nothing more than to believe God is not there for us, and that He is not a God of His Word. We need to remember, no matter what we go through, God is there with us, and we need to Trust in the LORD with all our heart. Proverbs 3:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. I Peter 5:7

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Luke 18:1

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:12-13

Sometimes, even when knowing all these things, trials seem so much more than we are able to bear. At times, His promises seem puzzling...how can this be for my good? Nevertheless, we can take Him at His Word, and then, help others who are going through trials. He is our Comforter, and He wants us to learn to bring comfort, also! I Corinthians 1:3-5 I feel no greater blessing in trial than knowing Christians are praying with me, and for me.

Just a couple of additional verses of comfort
smile.gif

Psalms:
9:9, 18:2, 18:28, 22:24, 32, 34:19, 37:9, 42:11, 146:8, 147:11
Nahum 1:7 and John 16:33

God is able to carry us through and when we reach Heaven life's trials will seem small and worth it all!

He is Able

When We See Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back