HOTS Update

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-faq

Key take-aways:

How much will Heart of the Swarm cost?

We typically don’t provide details about pricing until the game is closer to release. We do view Heart of the Swarm as an expansion set, so for the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, we will price accordingly. For other regions that have alternative business models, we’ll provide details at a later date.

When is Heart of the Swarm coming out?

It’s too early to talk about a specific release date at this point in time. As with all Blizzard games, our ultimate goal is to provide the best possible experience for our players, and we will take as much time as is needed to ensure that Heart of the Swarm meets the expectations of our players, as well as our own high standards.

Does that really count as an "update"? :p

Oh, I totally quoted the wrong thing. Ok, so there are a lot of rumors going around that StarCraft II HOTS beta is coming out this summer, and the game is releasing later this year.

Oh, I totally quoted the wrong thing. Ok, so there are a lot of rumors going around that StarCraft II HOTS beta is coming out this summer, and the game is releasing later this year.
Assuming Blizzard sticks to their "normal" schedule it will probably be out by the end of the year. Lets hope they do!

Assuming Blizzard sticks to their "normal" schedule it will probably be out by the end of the year. Lets hope they do!

I know that the voice acting for Jim Raynor and Kerrigan is just about done, and Robert Clotworthy even spoke that Chris Metzen had already contacted him about Legacy dialogue.

The game has been playable for a while, and Rob Simpson and Day9 even showcased a HotS multiplayer match at MLG this last weekend.

So yeah, I'm hoping for some kind of announcement in a few weeks.

As far as the pricing goes, given my quote above, I might expect the pricing to be roughly $30.

I know that the voice acting for Jim Raynor and Kerrigan is just about done, and Robert Clotworthy even spoke that Chris Metzen had already contacted him about Legacy dialogue.

The game has been playable for a while, and Rob Simpson and Day9 even showcased a HotS multiplayer match at MLG this last weekend.

So yeah, I'm hoping for some kind of announcement in a few weeks.

As far as the pricing goes, given my quote above, I might expect the pricing to be roughly $30.
Yeah I saw the battle reports with Day9 and Rob Simpson. And at $30 that's pretty reasonable. I hope they don't place it much higher than that.

I really hoping I can get into the beta. That would be sick!

If they fix Zerg, I'll probably only wait until the first sale.

If they don't fix Zerg...well, I'll probably still buy it eventually. Maybe.

You do realize zerg is taking all the big tournaments right now, right? lol

Actually I'm not sure on that. One of the casters said that zerg was doing really well, and that DRG had been stomping everyone in the tournaments.

But now that I actually look for data, I'm having trouble finding it. Zerg does seem to be a very strong race though. When they win, they win big.

This might answer your question...

aaO6th.png

I haven't been keeping up with the tournaments, but that doesn't surprise me. Zerg is a great race if you're a pro-level player.

For beginner and intermediate players? Not so much. The macro is much less forgiving, there at least seems to be much more to juggle, and units on average seem far squishier.

I know I'm near the low end of the skill level spectrum in SC2, so I just wish Zerg were as noob-friendly as Terran and Protoss.

Back