Halo PC - You going to get it?

Well, id's never disappointed me before, so I'm looking forward to this one
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Sep. 24 2003,9:02)]ccgr@ccgr.org I can host it for you if you want  
smile.gif
Really? That'd be great! I will email the map right now!

Hmmmm, perhaps. Too bad I can't post an attachment to my post. I will try to email it again later.
mad.gif

The buzz at the office is Halo is getting very unimpressive FPS. Even high-end machines are eeking out 30 FPS. Anyone hear anything else about this? That seems very odd to me.

lutikri55 wasn't impressed with the graphics, find that hard to believe with the slowness since the graphcis engine is a tad dated

The game is supposed to be run at no more than 800x600 or so. Set Anti Aliasing to allow programs to determine how much is being used. The game, from what I hear, is not supposed to run at high rez's and is supposed to look good at lower resolutions with the above tips.

Keep in mind that this game was originally made to run at 640x480. Also, as long as the frames never get below 20, you'll never notice
smile.gif

ah, maybe thats my problem...everytime i'd walk into an indoor enviroment the framerate would halve >_<

I read one review stating it helped to use some command-line option to change Pixel Shaders from version 2.0 to either 1.0 or 1.1. I can't remember what site it was from.

is any one interested or know of any halo (pc) clans that are christian.? if not do you want to start one?
rock.gif

yes to chang the pixel shaders and speed it up do this-

right click the halo.exe icon and amend target to-
"D:\games\halo\halo.exe "-use10"
it speeds the game up by a decent amount if your using a dx8 or 7 gpu.:)

Back