GuildAds Version 2 alpha guide

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
If I wrote up a guide to install and use the latest version of GuildAds, would anyone use it?

The new version of GuildAds features several improvements over the old version, including a list of items that each guild member can make. Instead of just seeing that someone has a 185 skilling in Leatherworking, you can browse all the items that person can craft--including those learned by recipes.

Here are a few screenshots of GuildAds and Guild Event Manager 2 in action:

Roger that. Here's a very basic guide to installing and using GuildAds and Guild Event Manager:

1. Download the latest version of Ace.
  2. Download the latest version of GuildAds version 2 alpha.
  3. Download the latest version of Guild Event Manager.
  4. Install all three (3) addons to your World of Warcraft\Interfact\AddOns folder.
  5. Load World of Warcraft.
  6. After logging in, click the "AddOns" button in the lower left corner and verify that all three addons are scheduled to load.
  7. Pick a character and enter WoW.
  8. Right click the new scroll icon in on your minimap frame.
  9. Verify that the "Use this channel" option is unchecked.
  10. Check "Show news about 'Ask'" and "Show news about 'Have.'"
That about covers it. For more information about GuildAds and Guild Event Manager, I recommend checking out this thread on The Forgiven forums. Don't follow the directions listed in that thread, but read it if you're curious about how GuildAds and Guild Event Manager operate.

At this point, I'll leave it to guild staff members to hammer out the official GuildAds protocol (whether or not to use a private channel for GuildAds and Guild Event Manager information, whether or not to password protect the GuildAds channel, what to name any private channels, etc.).

I'd like to see a few guild members install and start using these handy addons, especially the crafters in the guild.

If you do start using GuildAds, please post a reply here with your initial impressions. If you run into any problems, post here, but understand that I'm still learning to use GuildAds myself and may not be of much use in troubleshooting any problems.

/bump

I know Anithero is now using GuildAds Version 2 alpha, but I haven't seen any other guild members pick it up. It's a pretty handy tool, and I admit I'm curious to see what other guild members can craft. :)

Last edited:
Hey just sticking my head in here and mentioned that as of build 108, it is now beta. The guys have done a great job on version 2 revision 108. Our guild have found it to be very useful and a powerful way to utilize mule characters for harassing more bank space.

Instead of weather, had blizzard spent the resources adding a better guild interface that included some of the idea's from guild ads, I'd be a happy camper, instead of one who has the weather effects off.

Back