Guild Website

cgdoc519

Christian Gamers Alliance Staff Manager
As many of you know we have a guild website. If you were not aware you can find it at www.theforgiven.net. The purpose of the site is to promote the guild outside of the game, and a way for people to get a quick glimpse of what our guild is about before ever signing in. A lot of our traffic comes from the CGA (christian gamers alliance) located here http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/, as well as searches from google/yahoo etc. Another function, and one of the main reasons for the website is to keep our current members informed. With that said my post is two fold. One, to make everyone aware that it exists and two, to highlight some key elements that will benefit our members.

What is my goal for our website?

*To stay connected with our TF friends while not logged in.
*See when we have events/raids scheduled and even sign up for them (eventually =-D)
*View the contents of the guild bank.
*View a roster of members as well as there respective armory profiles.
*View raid drops and loot.
*A nice little map of current members and where in the world they are located (AWESOME).
*Who is on teamspeak and a list of room structures (not sure of the security behind this, may not happen).
*Boss strategy for guild raids with videos and walk throughs.
*Easy recruitment process with the biggest deciding factor being an officer interview, not a long website process.
*Built in website chat, maybe.
*TF specific awards, awarded on a nominated type basis and just for the sake of recognizing guild members for different things ( I would have to create the awards and they would reflect in your profile.).

This is a few things I believe will really make our website stand out. I know we are not hurting on members, we have a large guild. And the core reason for our guild is not being as big as we can, but instead fellowship with friends and family. Being an example to others through our testimony and behavior in and out of game.

With all that said, I would like to bring to light some of the features we currently have.

---On the front/main page is some common links to all things WoW and guild. You have guild news as well as some news feeds from across the WoW community. A who's online widget and the most recent guild photo upload.

---The forums tab used to take you to a new window to view our forums but now opens within the website itself.

---The guild roster tab has a lot of information relating to guild members. One of the coolest features is the "map" tab. With this you can put a push pin on a google map. This allows us to see how diverse our guild is. From Canada to the US and all over the world. Other features of the page allows viewing of guild members and there characters. Gear and achievements as well as the upcoming award system (pending leadership approval =-P).

---The guild bank tab will allow you to browse items in both TF guild banks.

---The boss strategy page is a place to post video and text walk throughs and strategies for guild runs. A one stop shop for researching fights for the guild. While there is not much there it is growing and will only get better with Cataclysm.

---The gallery is where I intend to upload pictures of guild runs and events. Including our Guild BBQ's which seem to be turning into a yearly get together.

---The guild calendar lists upcoming events relating specifically to our guild.

My desire is that our website become a natural part of the guild. Please visit it and create an account. If you have not done so, apply to join the guild. All members who are already in TF will of course be accepted. The more you put in to your profile and in just visiting the website, the more effective it will become.

God Bless.

Jason

I will be committing to using the new web page. Right now I just have the cgalliance as my 'favorites link' but with the work you have put in and the design of the site I believe it will be a great hub to start off with, and then come to the forums.

*both thumbs up!*

I changed my bookmarks so that the website is the first thing I go to, so I can access the forums via the frame. But for some reason my login doesn't acknowledge through the frame. I have to open a new window for CGA forums only. It's a little bizarre. Is anyone else having this problem?

I changed my bookmarks so that the website is the first thing I go to, so I can access the forums via the frame. But for some reason my login doesn't acknowledge through the frame. I have to open a new window for CGA forums only. It's a little bizarre. Is anyone else having this problem?

Not sure why it does that to be honest. A fix we had for a previous user was as such:

Go to a seperate webpage and login to the forums.

Go back to the website and refresh. It should now show you as logged in.

Do you save your login credentials? Or do you manualy sign in each time?

I save my login info. I logged in a few times from the frame and it wouldn't work, but it seems to work now after a good old fashioned Refresh. Thanks!

Back