Guild Guru

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Hiya guys, Guild Guru finally allowed me to create an account so now i can sell stuff, but of course i have a question(s).

how do you post screenshots on there?
how much trouble do you have with meeting people for the in-game trade?
does it accualy work?
I remember looking over the auctions and seeing that most dont get many bids if at all.

Thanks in advance!

The auctions are very rarely used on guru. You'd do better to run an auction through the sell forum on the message boards.

Unlike Michio, I check Guru auctions on a daily basis. I have never used the sell forums. I like the impersonality and anonymity that the auctions afford.

I have probably bought and sold in the neighborhood of 30 items on Guru auctions with no problems yet.

You are right when you say most items do not get bids. In my opinion the outrageous prices asked as a starting bid on most items is a deterrent to bidding. Most people think and/or hope that their item is worth more than it is.

Also, players in general are much wealthier and/or have very good weapons/items already this far into Guild Wars. Therefore only higher end items get lots of bids.

Many items are "Buy it Now Only" and you don't see these items any more once they sell.

I do not peruse the auctions just to look. I am always looking for a specific item or two.

Sleeping Princess has had one incident with a bidder that changed their mind. He can post the outcome of that here if he will.

I have been able to find good bargains with some regularity and have sold many items for good profit using Guru auctions. I have never posted a picture yet.

hm.. ok thanks guys. i think i'll give it a shot and see what happens from there

After Rho's month of chest runs / Christmas shopping for me :) we have a lot of stuff to clean out that I didn't want to just merch so we are posting it up on the auctions and it is going just fine. If it's not a green I have a starting price of what the key cost ( mostly $600) because that is all they are worth to me. Most things have sold but half of those only go for the starting price and the rest have gone up. The more info I put in the title the more veiws it gets and the better bidding. Listing something as inscribable or having an inscription adds to your chances too. Only had one guy that I can't seem to catch for his item and everyone has been very friendly. I crop a screen shot on my computer using Fireworks then make it smaller (web ready they call it) when creating an auction you have the choice to upload a picture. Good luck selling

Kel Queen of all Europe

Sleeping Princess has had one incident with a bidder that changed their mind. He can post the outcome of that here if he will.

Ya I have had one bad experience where the guy bought an item for a high price and when I tried to pm him he said that he did not buy the item and that he wasnt buying anymore.
Whenever you buy and sell items you can leave feedback on the person and give them a rating, +1, 0, or -1. I just left him bad feedback and -1.

Back