God's Purpose for Men and Husbands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleburg

This is my first attempt in sharing a topic that for me is very imporant for us as men and husbands and ultimatly followers of Christ. So please bear with me for I'm told I write like I talk which might not be in complete sentences but I'll try. I will be doing one section at a time so I won't take up to much of your time.

On a recent "Weekend to Remember" confernece that my wife and I attended. On day two the men went to seperate classes and here's what I got from it:

I) A Husband is responsible to accepy God's design to marriage
a. God has designed a devine order of responsiblity in marrige
1. husband as the head of the house
For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body Ephesians 5:23
2. God has given the wife to the husband to be his helper in the relationship.
The the Lord God said "It is not good for man to be alone, I will make him a helper suitable for him." Genesis 2:18
b. God has designed the husband and wife to be interdenpenant
Marriage=Needs
However in the Lord, niether the woman indepenent of man, nor is the man indepent of woman 1 Corinthians 11:11
c. God has designed the husband and wife with equal value
Headship = task and function not worth and value in other word the husband is no more imporant than the wife

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus Galatians 3:28
d. God has designed the husband and the wife the power to fulfill His designed through dependence upon His Spirit
"....for apart from Me, you can do nothing." John 15:5b
God has designed the husband and the wife to be a living picture of the relationship between Christ and the church

Hope I have you enjoyed this, I plan on completing this in future edtions there are 3 more sections I feel I need to cover for all the husbands out there like me that would become better husbands and follwers of Christ know this information and studing it. Please keep checking for more.

God Bless All

Sounds like you had a great time at the Weekend to Remember and learned some good stuff. I've always wanted to go on one of those with my wife. Maybe we can someday. Looking forward to your other posts

I went on one. Sadly we left after the 2nd day. When the women got seperated from us, the person who was talking to the women told them they might want to but they had to resist the urge. Then she talk about how one of her children died. My wife was unable to resist, seeing as how she gave birth to our 1st born two weeks earlier. We plan to go to another and stay at the hotel next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back