gfx card question

TrigunX89

Hey, everyone. I know almost nothing about gfx cards, or PC hardware in general, so I'm wondering if my gfx card is good or not. I have some trouble playing certain games. Even old games give me trouble. Uhh, it looks like it is an: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Extreme Graphics Controller. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but like I say, I don't know much about hardware and stuff. Oh yeah, it came in my Dell Dimension 2350 Desktop. Thanks for your time.

there's soooo much out there......

i hear ati/radeon are the bomb now, but the new nvidia's are coming.....

Get what you can afford, do lots of reading as a lower end card may be able to take a firmware upgrade... etc

but don't stress tooo much. With gfx cards there is no substitute for more money, and it will always be outdone in a couple of months, or put down by someone else who likes a different brand anyway.

here's one i have been watchin for a loooong time. but im trying to hold off until AFTER HL2 is released to get the facts on what DOES work well.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/r9800xt-2.html

lol

sealcomm

and integrated means is it apart of the mother board or a seperate card?

then i would buy a diamond stealth s60 featuring radeon 7000, for i think i got mine new for $50 and its pretty good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([toj.cc]hescominsoon @ June 03 2004,2:49)]the intel extreme is integrated(built into the motherbaord) and is not designed for gaming..Intel has a loooooooooooong list of games it has problems with or does not work with..As far as upgrades youa re limited to PCI graphics cards as that machine does not have an agp slot.
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was looking for.

I'll check out that diamond stealth s60, Atown. Thanks, everyone.
smile.gif

Back