GamerLaunch services

Krissa Lox

Some time ago I took my main website offline due to not having the resources to keep dealing with unhappy Qanon people who could find nothing better or more meaningful to do with their time than try to be destructively obnoxious to satiate their fragile egos from behind the safety of their keyboards. It was kind of a turning point for restructuring things anyway, due to the pandemic opening up a lot more remote work and social opportunities for the people I was serving, and local and family needs were more pressing at the time.

I've since started rebuilding the site on GamerLaunch rather than putting it back up on my own hosting, as it seemed a good balance to keeping most of the ownership and responsibility for it myself while having some kind of upstream organization with more resources and security tools than I do to help out if something serious comes up. But I've been taking my time with it, because honestly it's been rather nice having a break from regular episodes of angry internet angst, and I've just been telling people who I don't give out my personal contact info to that they can message me here at CGA if they need to reach me in the meantime. Because telling people to go through a Christian site to reach me where there are other people besides just myself really cuts down on how petulant or obnoxious they're likely to be.

However, the whole Elon Musk vs Twitter thing has sparked entirely new levels of firestorming rage, that I'm not going to send those people here. So after the holidays, the Lord's will and family needs permitting, I'll go into binge marathon development mode to get my own site back online again.

So far, my experience with GamerLauch has been very positive. It's been easy to use and offers a lot more services than I was expecting. But this is my first time using at the admin/development level, so I am curious if anyone has any advice about to share, either as an admin or a user, about things they've really liked or should be avoided or any other kind of suggestions or insights.

Well, I continue to be impressed by what GamerLaunch offers and would heartily recommend it to others. However, in both prayer and personal assessment, I keep coming back to the conclusion that this is not going to be a productive time to try to put out new services on my own.

My realm of competency is in small-scale internet tech, but most of the current drama I'm encountering centers around issues of large-scale platforms, for which I can't be of much help other than being a random target for angry people to vent their rage on because they find it easier to yell at me than at rich CEO's. And that's not really going to accomplish anything worthwhile for anyone.

So I think I will continue to backburner things for a while, but at least now from a considered and reasoned position that it wouldn't be fruitful at this time, not just avoiding it because I don't feel like dealing with it. But I will also no longer tell people I don't know that they can find me here. There are other people more experienced than me in this particular area that can be sought out by any who might really be looking for serious help.

But for the most part, a lot of these problems are of the self-inflicted variety (ie: people who want to use large-scale social algorithms to make lots of money with minimal work, and then end up with their finances crashing when the algorithms change) that no one can really help with other than to say that that's a dumb thing to do, which is what is mostly making them angry because they want someone to bail them out instead of doing some serious personal and spiritual reflection and learning from their mistakes.

Instead I'll continue to focus on family, friends, local community, and places where there is personal accountability to deter random and abusive behavior, until things either cool down a bit or I don't have to deal with it alone. Maybe learn more of things I can do with the Nintendo Switch as a way of still publishing some kinds of content to the internet without being as subject to nonsensical anger and hate.

Back