Freelancer demo out

Crazy_legs, are you talking about demos for 1-2 gigs? Eon's comment was in regards to the size of the demo and how they cut out some extra things to keep the demo size down.

Is anyone else playing this? I have been playing it the last few days and having a blast. There is actually quite a bit, even in the demo. After you finish the first scripted mission, you have a whole system to play around in. New jobs, visit other planets.

yeah yeah.. i refer to full size.. but the things they say maked me soo annoyed and deters me from getting the game
tounge.gif

Nspire - What do you mean, hidden stuff? Some special loot in space? A special hidden something in the bar?

crazy_legs - What types of things do they say? You mean the D word? I wasn't too happy with that either. I am just wondering if anything worse is said that I may have missed.

Nspire - You can skip them with Esc key, but then you miss some important things. Hmmm, actually, maybe what they say isn't all that important. Key statements usually come up as a dialog.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SSquared @ Feb. 27 2003,7:49)]What do you mean, hidden stuff?  Some special loot in space?  A special hidden something in the bar?
SPOILER:

The Junker base, the pirate base (this base look really cool), the research base, the wreckage of old ships in the Badlands (that you get goodies off of when you shoot them), the giant mine-field (not really "hidden", but off the beaten path), and the various jump-holes.

I hope all of the other systems have as much stuff to see and find as the New York system.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (crazy_legs @ Feb. 26 2003,11:01)]all the characters you talk to say the same thing.. like, "Here's what's going on" or "we may not own this place but we have a pretty good understanding of how it works" stuff like that.. it is annoying
tounge.gif
that's what i mean.. they just repeat those same phrases when you talk to someone who knows a rumor.. oh yeah, also "you new around here? -yeah -i may know what you want".. something like that as well.. just kinda annoys me

I totally agree crazy_legs. I've now put in 4+ hours into the game and find the repetitive sayings annoying. I've just been hitting Escape to get me to the dialog displaying the real reason to talk.

I've only found one Level 3 mission. The rest I find are Level 1 and 2. Now that I have a better fighter and better weapons, the jobs are getting too easy. Especially Level 1 missions. Is this a limitation of the demo? Or does it get more difficult after I move to the next level? All of the missions are around the low $2,000's, so it takes awhile to make money.

Nspire - How did you find those bases? After each mission, I always look around for loot. But I haven't seen those bases you are talking about. Are they certain missions? Almost all of my jobs have been from Liberty Police and Liberty Navy.

Go to your system map and look at the patrol routes. If a few all meet at the same place, there is probably a base there. Although if you have been doing a bunch of anti-pirate missions, they probably won't let you land (once you are not "hostile" with them, you can land). Best thing to do is to kill the Xenos that hang around the Detroit munitions base. That will raise your standing with just about every faction in the game.

Also, you may want to try to keeping your standing with pirates above hostile all the time. It helps if you are miner.

Most of my missions have been against the Liberty Rouges faction. I may restart the demo and play differently. I was actually VERY confused by the storyline. They talk about the Liberty Rogues as being bad, and yet I was working for Liberty. But then I realized there are 3 good Liberty factions and one bad one.

Three times I've paid to get a new base/area uploaded to my Neural Net. One time it worked, and the other two times (Houston and California) I never saw anything.

Thanks for the insight Nspire.

Yep. You're right. I went to a California jumpgate and I got "Access Denied".

Unfortunately, the game exits once you reach Level 2. It took me awhile to figure out that's what was happening. So I started up a new game, because I had already forgotten the storyline.

I also took your advice and looked over the patrol routes. I flew into Hostile territory. Whoops. I ended up in some very strange part of space. I'll have to check out some more of it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Back