Forum Maintenance ...

Allanon

We had a very successful conversion of our forums to storing all data within mysql. This conversion was necessary as the size of our forums had grown to the point that the old format - DBM - was no longer performing well.

Please post any problems you might have here. I will be watching this thread closely to ensure a speedy response. Some of the things that have been known to go wrong are the following:

1) Topics subscribed in "Topic Tracker" may appear or disappear suddenly. If so, simply cancel them via the UserCP.

2) Check to make sure birthday is setup in UserCP personal info.

Again, post here if you have problems relating to the conversion. Thx all.

Ok, I like that, almost a full day without a complaint. This is good. My personal experience over the day has been that the forums are performing quicker and are more responsive.

no problems so far, cept my quick reply box now only takes up half the screen width instead of 90% of the width.. But that is probably due to me switching to mozilla.

One little thing I noticed, all the topics in the forums are marked as unread. Having to look at dates in order to see what I've read and what I haven't. No issues other than that.

How strange is that, you sure it wasn't a cookie thing on your side? Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior?

Honestly, I can't see the cookie changing... Hasn't goofed or changed in almost a year now. As of June 26 though... coincidence? Maybe. If nobody else has noticed this, then it's probably my end. Kudos on the forums though, they are definitely noticably faster. No more LONG waits.
smile.gif

hescominsoon, the problem you are having, were these forums you had tracked before or are these new forums? Did you go into your UserCP and check the tracking through there? Otter, while I agree with you that the odds of a coincidence is strange, there are over a 1000 users and you are the only one with the problem ;P I would definitely be looking on your end as forums being read or unread is NOT a server-side issue, that is managed through cookies on the client end. I'd suggest you wipe out all your cookies and relog back in and mark all forums read then test to see if the problem continues.

Back