For Those Wondering Why I'm Not Playing My BW...

Zandaris

This sums up a good part of it.

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/109860688/p1

To add to this story I was on ORvR the other day and fought a Chosen. I caught him at full distance. He hit me once the whole fight. The rest of the fight I managed to stay away and or root him. I finished the fight at half health due to my own explosions during the fight. Luckily he wasn't running that shield or I would have probably been dead.

-Zan

Sucks what ended up happening to Bright Wizards and Sorcerers.

BUT, you can level up an alt now (Read, a tank or healer PLEASE).

IF you are all about DPS as I am, I would like for you to know that I am very pleased to see the kind of damage my WL does.

Shes not that squishy and can DPS down healers, melee DPS and in some cases WE's.

Don't listen to Odale, WH's are sooooo, sooooo much better than WL's. :D

But do listen to Ilya (tank or healer, /beg)

Simple answer in my mind is to avoid fighting the tank classes, when possible. There are probably quite a few class vs class combos where it is almost impossible for a class to win. Player Teecee, who gets on my nerves alot, is a sorcerer that owns just about everyone, but I'm sure he doesn't kill tanks without his pre-made group buddies assisting him.

about the only way to kill tanks is to kill everyone else, then gang up on the tank.

But it's still pathetic that you can't 1v1 an AFK player as a BW.

From another long read posted here: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229340

Ah, again the most interesting part; how fast I'm able to kill myself.

Six (6) 35% possibilities of a 750-damage explosion over a time frame of 14.5 seconds results in

6*0.35*750 / 14.5 = 108.62 ~ 109 DPS.

Two casts of Burnout for 262 damage per over 14.5 seconds for

262*2 / 14.5 = 36.137 ~ 36 DPS; combined, 145 DPS to self.

With 7,000 hit points, you're dead in 48.275 ~ 48 seconds.

Funnel Power: 75 damage to self, eight possible applications over 14.5 seconds:

75*8 / 14.5 = 41.379 ~ 41 DPS to self

.. for a grand total of 109 + 36 + 41 = 186 DPS to self.

With the same 7,000 hit points as before, you'll kill yourself in a whopping 38 seconds.

Tradeoffs, gotta love them.

Back