First Community Project

Dchsknight

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Community Manager
So here is the first part of the community project.

Near the spawn point there is a tower. This is Tower 1. It is the start point of a bridge that connects the spawn continent and a near by one.

On the other continent is a sign that is says tower 3. there is a 90 degree junction in the ocean. this is tower 2.

I am currently working on tower 1. The base of which is mostly built. I am just needing to make a stair case to the top. At the top there is a wooden circle floor with a 11x11 stone floor in the center. on 11x11 circle the tower is going to extend up. This will be a sort of light house. it should go up about 30 more blocks. At the top there should be a fire beacon made of a stone Braiser and nether rack lit on fire. If you visit Tower 1 you will see a stone brick walk way started, extending out to Tower 2.

What we need...

We need tower 2 built and 3. (I will move on to these if no one starts them). each tower should have a 31x31 circle. I use this website for circles. https://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator. just type 31 in the width. This creates a circle that is a radius of 30 with a single + in the center. This is create and ease of Symmetry.

tower 2 should not be a full tower. This can be like a Pillar but the walk way should be totally even. As in one smooth walk way. It should be decorated. I am thinking more of a Watch tower then a station.
index.jpg

There then should be a pillar, not a tower in between tower 2 and 3. It would be best if we counted how many blocks and try to put it in the middle as best as possible. This is just a pillar to make it look like the bridge has support. We can even put smaller pillars in between to give it more support. Like every 20 blocks or 10 blocks.

tower 3 should be big and imposing. it will be part of a castle. So It needs to be big and tall. Like a fortress tower. I am thinking either 41x41 or 61x61. It should come out of the rock there and build up making it look like part of it is cut out of the rock.

So far I have been building the towers mixed with Spruce beams on the out side to give stone variation and color break up. Spruce is being used as support word. Simply because it is dark.( I know spruce IRL is softer then oak and not as strong) And then the flooring is alternating between oak on floor 1, spruce on 2, and Oak on 3. and it will keep going up like that. Just to give variation and so we are not looking at the same thing.

another thing we need is Tower 2 should be built all the way to the sea floor. That means we need someone to craft some under water potions and collect some sponges. we then need to build the tower down, with stone brick and soak up all the water. This is because I would like to eventually build an under ground rail way between all the build locations for the players so they can get around to see everyone's stuff. Plus it would be kind of cool!

Also note... On the stair case of tower 1 there 2 doors. These go to a basement of tower 1. This is now where all the supplies are being held for the Tower project. (a creeper got at the old one). Every thing is labeled and organized. If you feel comfortable with dropping stuff there that is cool. other wise there is stone and wood donations out side the tower. Please, is a community project. Do not take things out of the chests for personal use unless you ask the community first. Some people might work really hard to build this thing. There are 2 private chests They have my diamonds. If you want some jsut let me know i currently have 18. I am saving them for enchanted picks, but I can share too.

Things we need...

We need stone. Cobble stone, cooked stone, or stone brick what ever you want to do.

We need Wood. Oak and Spruce. Please no birch.

we need mats for tools, Like iron. etc. I am not asking for diamonds as those are hard to come by and I know we value them.

An Alchemy station on the first floor of tower 1 with capability to brew under water breathing pots.

we need some farming by the tower so we can have food while we build.

we need some keen eyes for decoration to make the tower on the inside pretty. If you do this, try not to change the integrity of the tower or break to much of what people have already built.

It would be nice to have some red stone lighting or glow stone lighting. I am not a fan of torches every where.

IF you have better ideas for what is being built SHARE THEM! We would love to see what you think would look good and how your touch can shape this project!

Last edited:
I can have paper coming out my wazoo, been hording and planting sugar cane.

I am also good at designing and building vanilla redstone circuits. You's build it, I'll light it.... and it'll be perdy!!!

Tower 1 is complete.

Enchanting station is now built on the 1st floor of Tower 1.

Portal to nether is now in basement of tower 1.

Can we get a warp wall set up soon? Or are we waiting to build it at the community project site.

WARNING WARNING WARNING>>>

Design change...

Instead of turning we will building the path way straight out. It will connect to the other continent but there will be a large castle in the middle of the water there.

Taking a break from the community project. No one is really building on it so it is all good(save for CowRocket). I still have no area of my own.

there is a frame and base for a castle mid ocean to build so anyone can take off on that. build to your hearts desire and design!

Im almost done with my area and then plan on putting an iron farm or two at spawn for everyone. What you have started looks awesome, and I do plan on helping.. ;)

I guess I will limit my contributions to supplies since I'm not imaginative enough to build anything as nice as the tower you built. I am working my mine and breeding trees for lumber. Is there a clearly marked location for donations?

Eventually I'd like to extend the road to Mitch's up to my island, but that won't be for a while.

I guess I will limit my contributions to supplies since I'm not imaginative enough to build anything as nice as the tower you built. I am working my mine and breeding trees for lumber. Is there a clearly marked location for donations?

Eventually I'd like to extend the road to Mitch's up to my island, but that won't be for a while.

Nah man you dont need to do that. You can build there no matter what! that is the point of a community build. we all add a little bit to it. and you want to build better here is this:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL673hsQx0Zth9DfmlXpnPjzUz0sxyWnJT

This is develhuntr75, His work is wonderful. there is some language so you can lower the volume or what not but this is what I watched to improve my building. also look at Top 5 videos of builds see what the master builders are doing and learn from what they are doing. Mumbojumbo from hermit craft is a big one too.

Anyone can b e artistic. just got to learn how!

Back