Farewell Friend

Mythran

For all those that played in WoW and DAoC that knew Nickodeemas (my best friend and guild member)...he passed away yesterday morning. Went to bed and never woke up :(

He just turned 31 years old on the 31st of December, 2005. He died, Tuesday morning, 1st of January, 2006.

As of now, I have no more information on cause of death. His family is having an autopsy performed to find the cause of death and they will let me know as soon as they know.

Anywho, I thought I'd let everyone know that knew him, know as soon as I was able to.

Mythran

I am sorry to hear that Myth, Nick was always fun to be around in the guild and was always helpful to me and to others. God help you and your family to recover from this blow, i am truly sorry to hear that.

Odie

Last edited:
Odale said:
I am sorry to hear that Myth, Nick was always fun to be around in the guild and was always helpful to me and to others. God help you and your family to recover from this blow, i am truly sorry to hear that.
Odie

Yeah, he was fun to be around. I'm going to speak with his mother about cancelling his game accounts (I think he was on her credit card). She called me up and invited Celsa (Ansley) and I to the memorial service. It's not scheduled yet, but as soon as it is, they will contact me.

We were almost exact opposites. My stats are, 6'0" Caucasian male, blonde hair blue eyes and approx 155 lbs..he was 6'4" AfricanAmerican male, black hair, brown eyes and approx 250 lbs or so heh...so go figure....we became best friends almost as soon as we met (both into computer gaming and all).

Anywho, I will miss him dearly .. heck, I already do...at least his family adore us as much as we do them .. his brother and I are friends too...same with his sis..

Thanks for the reply guys :)

Wow Myth.

I know we can never feel the pain you and your family are currently going through.

We can come along side you in prayer and lift you up to God, who does know and understand your hurt.

I know I speak for the entire KoT/ToJ/Redeemed/ChooseJoy/MustardSeed family when I say,

"How can we help?"

We are praying for you and Nick's family.

Am I Crazy?

There were a few of y'all that knew Eugene Arthur Jones (a.k.a. AJ / Nickodeemas and most variations of Nickodeemas on WoW/Daoc). Just prayer for his family, my wife Celsa (a.k.a. Ansley), and anyone else who feels the loss. I can't say how much I will miss him, for it would hurt to ponder ...

My problem with deaths in life is...my mind basically goes blank when I try to remember the people that die. I can remember some things, but not the things I'll miss about them. I don't know why my mind is set up to work this way, but it's one way I can keep going and do the things that need done while everyone else is mourning. Most people say that it is bad to keep my feelings locked away...IMO, I don't keep them locked away. God carries me and my burden, not the other way around :cool:

Footsteps in the sand....footsteps in the sand.

You're In my thoughts and I will pray for those who knew and surived him as Will DaWife. It hurts to have a friend pass.

My best advice and counsel is Let the sadness come and pass. You have the Lord Christ and your faith.

All things pass with time. I liked Nick. I am sorry for your loss

Last edited:
I remember inviting him into the guild :( . I've missed him (and you and Ansley) not being on :s

I'll be praying for you guys, and his family.

Ember and I extend our sympathies, Mythran. I can't imagine how painful it would be to lose my best friend. I will be praying for your family and his.

Philippians 4:7: And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Thank you for informing us Myth. I remember him and DAOC and here in WOW. We all will miss him. I didnt know him in person, just in game but he was a great guy. Its amazing how the Lord lets our paths cross..even if it is only through words and hellos. All of us in HIS are keeping you and nick's family in our prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Cause Of Death

As it turns out, I was wrong in how he died. I was led to believe, by his brother, that he died in his sleep. His brother didn't lie, he just didn't know for sure.

Eugene had something in his heart blow up, or rupture. It was rumored by his family that it *could* have been caused by a clogged artery. But, since he didn't show any signs, there was no way of knowing or preventing it unless he had reason to go to the doctor for a scan. In any case, he didn't suffer, he died immediately before he hit the ground.

I went to the viewing and memorial for him. I'm glad his family saw me as his family and invited me to the closed viewing (family members only). During the memorial, I cried like a baby...so ya know, for once in my life, I showed emotions :p I couldn't stop shedding the tears...I was put up in the front row, last chair, right in front of all of the pictures of him...so I couldn't look towards the minister w/o seeing one of the pictures...it hit me hard.

I'm ok now. He family needs all the prayer it can get...his mother fainted a few ... "a few" ... times following the service...

Back