Explaination of the war

Saxamaphone

This has been corrected for the politically correct elitists.

-------

Take a second and read this...

Subject:

The other day, my nine-year-old son wanted to know why we were at war. My husband looked at our son and then looked at me. My husband and I were in the Army during the Gulf War and we would be honored to serve and defend our country again today. I knew that my husband would give him a good explanation.

My husband thought for a few minutes and then told my son to go stand in our front living room window. He told him: "Son, stand there and tell me what you see?"

"I see trees and cars and our neighbors houses." He replied.

"OK, now I want you to pretend that our house and our yard is the Insert name of your country that is in the war or supports the war here, you can even say "coalition" here and you are Title and name of your countries leader here, or the commander in chief of the coalition."

Our son giggled and said, "OK."

"Now son, I want you to look out the window and pretend that every house and yard on this block is a different country." My husband said.

"OK Dad, I'm pretending."

"Now I want you to stand there and look out the window and see that man come out of his house with his wife and he has her by the hair and is hitting her. You see her bleeding and crying. He hits her in the face, he throws her on the ground, then he starts to kick her to death. Their children run out and are afraid to stop him, they are crying, they are watching this but do nothing because they are kids and afraid of their father. You see all of this son, what do you do?"

"Dad?"

"What do you do son?"

"I call the police, Dad."

"OK, pretend that the police are the United Nations and they take your call, listen to what you know and saw but they refuse to help. What do you do then son?"

"Dad, but the police are supposed to help?" My son starts to whine.

"They don't want to son, because they say that it is not their place or your place to get involved and that you should stay out of it," my husband says.

"But Dad, he kills them?"

"Yes son, he does. What do you do?"

"Well, if the police don't want to help, I will go and ask my next door neighbor to help me stop him," our son says.

"Son, our next door neighbor sees what is happening and refuses to get involved as well. He refuses to open the door and help you stop him," my husband says.

I understand that only two other countries have committed troups. This paragraph really does not represent those two countries. What are the other 40 countries doing? Supporting the war but doing nothing. Its kind of like saying to your friend, I support your effort in getting a job, just don't ask me to commit any time to your effort, I won't drive you to your interviews or proofread your resume, etc. Really, what kind of support is that?

"But Dad, I NEED help!!! I can't stop him by myself!!!"

"WHAT DO YOU DO SON?"

Our son starts to cry.

"OK, no one wants to help you, the man across the street saw you ask for help and saw that no one would help you stop him. He stands taller and puffs out his chest. Guess what he does next son?"

"What Daddy?"

"He walks across the street to the old ladies house and breaks down her door and drags her out, steals all her stuff and sets her house on fire and then he kills her. He turns around and sees you standing in the
window and laughs at you. WHAT DO YOU DO?"

"Daddy."

Our son is crying and he looks down and he whispers, "I close the blinds, Daddy."

My husband looks at our nine-year-old son standing in the window, looking pitiful and ashamed at his answers to my husband’s questions and he tells him. "Son"

"Yes, Daddy."

"Open the blinds because that man, he's at your front door. WHAT DO YOU DO?"

My son looks at his father, anger and defiance in his eyes. He balls up his tiny fists and looks his father square in the eyes, without hesitation he says, "I DEFEND MY FAMILY DAD!!! I'M NOT GONNA LET HIM HURT MOMMY OR MY SISTER, DAD!!! I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM, DAD, I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM!!!"

I see a tear roll down my husband's cheek and he grabs his son to his chest and hugs him tight, and cries, "It's too late to fight him, he's too strong and he's already at YOUR front door son, you should have stopped
him BEFORE he killed his wife. You have to do what's right, even if you have to do it alone, before it's too late," my husband whispers.

THAT scenario I just gave you is WHY we are at war with Iraq. When good men stand by and let evil happen is the greatest EVIL of all. Your Title of your countries leader here is doing what is right. We, as a free nation, must understand that this war is a war of humanity. WE must remove this evil man from power so that we can continue to live in a free world where we are not afraid to look out our window and see crimes on humanity. So that my nine year old son won't grow up in a world where he feels that if he just closes" those blinds the atrocities in the world won't affect him. Today the second day of "WAR on IRAQ" I felt compelled to write this and pass it along. Hopefully, you will understand the lesson my husband tried to teach our son.

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE! BE PROUD TO BE AN NAME YOUR COUNTRY HERE! BE PROUD OF TITLE OF YOUR COUNTRIES LEADER HERE, ONLY IF THEY SUPPORT THE WAR! BE PROUD OF YOUR TROOPS! ONLY IF YOUR COUNTRY SENT YOUR TROOPS SUPPORT THEM! SUPPORT NAME YOUR COUNTRY HERE! SO THAT IN THE FUTURE OUR CHILDREN WILL NEVER HAVE TO CLOSE THEIR BLINDS.”

No offence, but what the hell are the 30,000 troops that my country sent, and the endless campaigning that my country's state representatives have done?

America is not and never HAS been alone in this war.

Eon

Finally! People, the US's allies do NOT consist exclusivley of France and Germany! There are 45 countries who have pledged official support for American action!

Eon, we've been agreeing too much lately heh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Kazansky @ April 10 2003,4:14)]Finally!  People, the US's allies do NOT consist exclusivley of France and Germany!  
What? When did they join the club?

BTW,

The best rapper is white.
The best golfer is black.
The tallest player in the NBA is Chinese.
The Germans are against war.
The French think the Americans are arrogent.
And now, Tom and Eon agree on things. <-- Of anything, this proves the end is really near
smile.gif

England kicks butt* too. And all 44 other countries don't really count as they have no real military power. But do you know whats funny? They still get just as much voting rights as US or UK.

You basically know its the right thing to do if France is against it.
biggrin.gif

*please only use that word when referring to donkeys-CCGR

Ok, I have adjusted the original post.  Have I made it generic enough?  Did I miss anything?

NON POLITICALLY CORRECT
FYI, I am a Canadian and I took no offense.  Hmmm, maybe I can read something and relate it back to my situation as a non-American.

POLITICALLY CORRECT
FYI, I am resident of the land North of the 49th N parallel and south of the 90th and I took no offense.  Hmmm, Maybe I can read something and relate it back to my situation as a non-name of people who occupy the land between the country considred North of the 49th parallell and the 2nd country to the south of the North of the 49th one.

LOL.  You guys are so funny, ah, my sides hurt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr_Eon @ April 10 2003,5:05)]No offence, but what the hell are the 30,000 troops that my country sent, and the endless campaigning that my country's state representatives have done?

America is not and never HAS been alone in this war.

Eon
Eon, The original post never mentioned the British forces because it was obviously written by an American, for Americans in THEIR relation to the war. How about writing one for YOUR country then, this post didnt disregard YOUR troops it just didnt mention them....  

I'm suprised that a person with the stature you pose to have on this forum would whine like a little child about this(admit it, it is whining).  You couldve just said YAY! Go coaltion forces! kick some booty! By the way its morining an i'm a lil grumpy, forgive me if you think I am being to hard on you.

Iam also a Canadian who is extremely dissappointed(mild words for how i really feel) in my gov) BE thankful that your country has ACTUAL leadership! Unlike the MORON that is supposed to be running our Country!  With that I will say , GO USA, GO BRITS!  ... GO COALITION Forces!! Kick some heiny!

Eon, I thank the Lord for the men and women your country has sent, I commend them and I stand by all of them aswell as my American brethren. Peace comes with a price, something that peacenicks forget or take for granted, Lets all NEVER forget and NEVER take their sacrifice for granted, the men and women who gave their lives, or those who did make it back home or we spit their faces and  on the graves of those who have died in the past and present for our freedom

Jon

p.s.  Did I say Jean Chretien is a MORON?  ah good ... I DID say he was a MORON.  I think everyone now knows where my support lies in this war, definitely not behind my govt!

Yeah, fair enough... <Waves a little stars and stripes sheepishly>

Did I mention that I, at one point and in defiance of the facts, was determined to join the US Marines? ;)

Eon

I remember saying you wanted to join the military at one point dude! I thought it was the British one though lol.

I didn't last long... <grins> I suffered a knee injury as a kid, and whilst I was determined to gut it out, the #### thing was never solid enough to survive. I blew just about everything in the knee joint in the end...
sad.gif

And yeah, once I got old enough it WAS the British forces I wanted to be in, but when I was a kid I wanted to be a US Marine... <rolls eyes> ;)

Eon

d'oh, that sucks. I kinda want to be a marine, but I hardly have what it takes. Besides, my version of a marine is an invinceible guy running around guns blazing.
wink.gif

Back