Existential Horror - or - Brilliant Wonder of God: Brought to you now by network television, through VR!

And, yes, it's iFunny.

To prove this account is not a bot, I'm going to post a video of former President Reagan telling jokes.

I was thinking about Reagan earlier. I've heard some reports that he treated the African American community badly. Any word on that would be interesting.

I was thinking about Reagan earlier. I've heard some reports that he treated the African American community badly. Any word on that would be interesting.
There appears to be a trend where people are reexamining Reagan's presidency, most often in the context of "trickle-down economics" and race relations.

You may have read an article about a recording from October 1971 where Reagan, talking to Nixon, called United Nations delegates from Africa "those monkeys from African countries."

You may have also read articles about mass incarceration during Reagan's presidency as well as Biden's involvement with and the complicated consequences of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

If you decide to explore the topic, I recommend staying alert for media bias. I've purposely withheld my own opinion on the subject because I don't believe online forums are a good platform for discussing politics.

To underscore Tek's point about the difficulty of having constructive political discussions online, I'll just add my thoughts that anyone who's currently talking anything about Reagan - good or bad - instead of today's livestreamed victory of lettuce over Liz Truss, is very behind-the-times and completely underestimating the dual impact of advancing technologies and increasing immaturity in voting populations. (<-- sarcasm and sadness in that statement directed at society in general, not at all at you C4K3, but it's a serious point that it's not at all the same world anymore that existed during Reagan's time to be able to blame or revere him for anything going on now)

Personally, my favored solution to political and cultural problems is to stay focused on prayer and leading people to Christ rather than have high expectations of either government or society of fixing anything, but for those who feel a strong calling in the Lord to get deeper into political stuff, I'd recommend Anand Giridharadas' "Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World" as a good introductory book for cultivating a healthy skepticism of political operations. But politics is only something I have an indirect involvement in for ministerial reasons, not at all a topic of personal experience or expertise, so others might be more knowledgeable to offer better recommendations than me.

Back