Evolution

It just felt right. I mean I've never been one to sway the way of "everyone else" I suppose you can say, but I've had a fascination with our world God has given us, and I feel its our duty to understand it. I read Genesis, and honestly just kept getting the feeling that "Okay, I believe God created the heavens and the Earth, but why do I feel this isn't the entire story he wanted to tell us...". I did however once ask an elderly man I used to seek advice from, and he basically told me if I took what "Them **** science folk say, you're going straight to hell in no time flat". I really don't know what that part has to do with anything, but just felt I'd add it in.

But yea I just think it felt right to be honest. However by no means does that mean I think anyone who takes Genesis word for word are uneducated, o_O. Far from it actually. If you want uneducated, you should come to the backwoods of eastern Kentucky where I live, heh. Okay I suppose that's mean, but the town I'm from, 3 things are top; Church, UK basketball, and sadly drugs. I remember once I was told by my English teacher in high school that I would never amount to anything, and that I was just some random uneducated redneck. She probably still hates me. Wow that was off topic lol.

Edit: On the 6 toes thing, I once knew a guy who had 6 fingers on 1 hand :O. Also oddly enough I can my my right eye go -----> while the other stares at you.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with believing the way you do as long as you understand why you do. It's dangerous to just follow your heart however.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

They make it really seem reasonable to believe in a world that millions and billions of years old. But if you study it a little more deeply it starts to fall apart.

How are fossils dated? By the rock layer they are found in. How are rock layers dated? By the fossils found in them. Simplistic example but fairly true. And so it goes.

By taking an allegorical view of Genesis we lose a lot of the ability to accept miracles like the stopping of the sun in the sky by Joshua and the entire earth covered by a flood.

There is nothing wrong with believing the way you do as long as you understand why you do. It's dangerous to just follow your heart however.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

They make it really seem reasonable to believe in a world that millions and billions of years old. But if you study it a little more deeply it starts to fall apart.

How are fossils dated? By the rock layer they are found in. How are rock layers dated? By the fossils found in them. Simplistic example but fairly true. And so it goes.

By taking an allegorical view of Genesis we lose a lot of the ability to accept miracles like the stopping of the sun in the sky by Joshua and the entire earth covered by a flood.

I'm not going to start into some debate with you, so I'll leave your other comments at that. However, my heart is what led me to Christ. If I am unsure about something, or just want to make sure its okay, I pray about it.

Edit: Didn't exactly explain my example for what I was meaning to say.

Basically what I meant was when our heart may lead us astray, that is what I feel God gave us morality for. If we still can't tell the difference, then we pray about it and he'll give us the answer.

Last edited:
My curiosity has been satisfied through your discussion while I've been away. I thank you all for your continued level-headed, open discussion without diverting into trolling or name-calling (except the backwoods, uneducated, 6-toed Christian...which was obviously not an intentional attack).

6-toed Christians?? I believe we found evidence for evolution!!

Fun story I heard from a friend. His friend went to the zoo and they were looking at the chimpanzee's hanging upside down with their feet. They can do that because they have thumbs on their feet! :) Anyways, he was staring and said "If evolution is real, why on earth would we have given that up?"

Fun story I heard from a friend. His friend went to the zoo and they were looking at the chimpanzee's hanging upside down with their feet. They can do that because they have thumbs on their feet! :) Anyways, he was staring and said "If evolution is real, why on earth would we have given that up?"

Hahaha. Honestly, this might be a tad gross/weird, but my toes are the long kind, and I've learned to be able to pick things up with them. >.> <.<

but do you have the same level of dexterity with your toes that you have with your hands? That's the point Lloren was making. Being able to flex your toes to hold an object is nowhere near the ability to type with them.

Based on how the last couple posts clearly demonstrate how this thread has "evolved" (de-evolved?) into another conversation entirely, I'm going to have to hang my head in shame and confess that evolution is obviously at work in our world. . .

Back