Everyone in the Official Druid forums is a noob.

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
So... today, if you venture to the official Druid forums today, you'll find them in a tizzy.

Reason: Druids got nurfed, claim the posters. The Dire Bear Form spell was changed to have lower numbers than before. Now it reads:

Dire Bear Form (Shapeshift)
44% of Base Mana
Instant cast
Shapeshift into a dire bear, increasing melee attack power by 210, armor contribution from items by 450%, and health by 25%. Also protects the caster from Polymorph effects and allows the use of various bear abilities.

/sarcasm These numbers are significantly lower than the previous form, which was:

Dire Bear Form (Shapeshift)
55% of Base Mana
Instant cast
Shapeshift into a dire bear, increasing melee attack power by 120, armor contribution from items by 360%, and health by 600. Also protects the caster from Polymorph effects and allows the use of various bear abilities.

/sarcasm off

To silence the foo's, I've calculated out the following. At current state, the amount of health that +600 gives me is actually about 10%. That's an increase by 15%. That's a lot.

Current stats for Neirai (approx)
11000 armor
6000 HP

TBC stats for Neirai at 60 (approx)
calculating for talent points as well: 13750 armor
calculating for HotW as well: 6300 HP

so, it's not a nurf. If I hear nurf-whining here I may turn into an evil gnome and hug you ><

For starters aren't you already half evil gnome as it is????
Sorry, but it seems that most people that play druids have failed math.

well, for the bear with less than 2400 HP, it's a nurf!

Is it even possible for a Resto Druid in straight healing gear to have HP's that low at 60? I know at 45 I am sitting at 3.5k hp and 6k armor self buffed.

:edit: those numbers are in bear form..end of the day and my brain is mush. I don't know what it is in caster form where the basis of the % would come from. The only crowd I can see that would be upset by this is the <55 crowd. But, it's a nice linear upgrade from 40 on instead of a flat number. I will be thrilled with the 25% in lieu of a flat 600. :edit:

Last edited:
Don't trust the WoW forums... a couple friends of mine were throwing a fit the other day because they were convinced that level 60 warriors in TBC were supposedly getting a MASSIVE damage nerf. Their estimates placed the dps of a level 60 arms warrior in mostly blues at the same level as my level 41 holy-specced paladin in greens and blues. /sigh

Who knows what math they're using, but feel free to leave them alone with their abbacuses while you're in outland mangling everything.

i think a blue mentioned that the reduction in armor bonus and health being changed to a static amount is because TBC is inc and they thought having the %'s would make it scale *too* well with gear

Yeah, it was a reduction from 40% stamina which is broken IMHO.
(+40% stamina leads to such phenomena as the 28000 HP bear druid.)
But the general attitude on the forum is "get an inch, want a mile."

Back