EVE 14day FREE trial

My subscription to WoW ends on the 27th of Oct. If my accounts have been transferred over to someone before then, then I'll be dloading the trial to check out the game. If they aren't taken over until the 27th then I'll be getting the free trial after the 27th to join you guys for 14 days and test out the game. I hope to see what some other fellow ToJ'rs are doing in another MMORPG. If this game isn't as time consuming as something like WoW and can keep my attention than I might be persuaded to make my trial a little more definitive. I'll keep you guys posted! :)

Traitor! :D I'm playing the trial right now, and it has alot to offer, but it also seems extremely complex at times.

Last edited:
Be sure to install EVEmon. It's great for figuring out what skills ou need. You can also use it to lookup ship stats and modules and such.

NOTE:
Anyone on a trial, WAIT until it's finished to adding a Game Time Code, or purchase a subscription. You'll lose days off the Trial days.

My subscription to WoW ends on the 27th of Oct. If my accounts have been transferred over to someone before then, then I'll be dloading the trial to check out the game. If they aren't taken over until the 27th then I'll be getting the free trial after the 27th to join you guys for 14 days and test out the game.
I plan to start my 14-day trial the same day Elihu starts his.

Of course, that's just a plan right now; I'll find out next Monday, after my wife and I move, whether or not I'll have an Internet connection reliable enough for gaming.

Not a day too soon. CCP os getting set to realise an expansion this winter. New ships, tons of new PvE content...oh...and all the graphics are being overhauled.....everything is getting an uplift....so if you thought EVE looks good...just wait!

Not a day too soon. CCP os getting set to realise an expansion this winter. New ships, tons of new PvE content...oh...and all the graphics are being overhauled.....everything is getting an uplift....so if you thought EVE looks good...just wait!

*shivers run down spine*

Will be dloading the client tonight, but not starting the 14 day trial til Fri. I should be online to play and test the game out at about 7 PM CST. Hope to see you guys online there..:) BTW, is there an in-game voice chat or should I login to TeamSpeak?

Getting excited about joining up with you guys...can't wait til Fri.! *sitting on edge of chair*

Not yet...any suggestions? Gonna research some tonight and try to come up with a decision while it dloads the client...

For staring out, pick the one who's avatars you like best. you can fly any ship, it's just a matter of training. You're never 'locked in' to a set of ships, the race just gives you a boost in that direction.

Quick General Summary:
Caldari: Missile boats, and shield tankers.
Gallante: Drone boats, and armor tankers.
Minmatar: Gun boats, and Shield+armor tankers.
Amarr: Laser boats, and armor tanks.

Each race does an equal job at mining, selling, building....it's the weapon load out that differs. Which is based on the bonuses the ship gets. Download EVEmon. You can take a look at all the ships, and see what the bonuses are. I've attached a base character file to import into EVEmon(you'll need to do this if you don't have an account setup yet). You'll need to change the 'txt' to 'xml'

Also, read through the history of each race...go the one you like best.

I chose Caldari. I liked them best, and I liked starting out using missiles. ATM, I'm training up gun skills to take advantage of the few caldari gun boats, as well as boosting my ECM skills.

As a general rule of thumb, guns are best for PvP. Missiles for PvE stuff.

Woot! Dloaded and installed last night. Went through the tutorial, which is VERY helpful in figuring basic stuff out. Docked right after and went to bed though...looking forward to playing tonight and seeing more of teh game. The look\feel of the game remind me alot of Homeworld *great RTS games* but feels really in-depth. I'm sure it will grow more on me as I play it. Already thinking about expanding the subscription at end of 14 days for at least a month.

BTW, I went:

Caldari
Deteis
Tube Child
Industry
Prospector

Toons name is Riegwyn *throwback to DAoC days* :D

It's so weird to see you on these forums Fj. I wish I'd have waited now. The game definitely grows on you as you play it. I really didn't start playing the game until 4 days into the trial, and I was able to do enough missions/mining/pirate killing to move up in ships from the basic ship to a much better frigate, and finally a destroyer before my trial ended.

Back