Do you need a PSP to download 2 free PSP games?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I don't own a PSP now, but it's possible I may buy one someday as I tend to get handhelds later in their life cycle. So I have a few questions about the PSP portion of Sony's Welcome Back program:
  1. Do I need a PSP to download 2 free PSP games?
  2. Is there any point? Put another way: Can I download the games to my PS3 now and transfer the games at a later date?
  3. Which 2 games of the 4 available would you all recommend?
And it may sound silly to download games for a system I don't own yet, but I owned a copy of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for the GBA before I ever owned a GBA SP.

EDIT: Here's a list of the 4 candidates for free PSP games:
  1. LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
  2. ModNation Racers
  3. Pursuit Force
  4. Killzone Liberation

Last edited:
I would go with LBP and Modnation, just because those were some of my favorites...BUT is the PSP really worth it??

I would go with LBP and Modnation, just because those were some of my favorites...BUT is the PSP really worth it??
I've read there are several excellent RPGs for the PSP, but it's a moot point at the moment. When I'm working again and have some expendable income, I may take another look at picking up a PSP. But it won't be any time soon.

yeah that is where I am at...they do have a good line of RPGs...and it is priced very nicely with the ability to connect directly to the PSN and internet.

Back