Designed a cpu waterblock

amorphus88

CLICK HERE!

this is a link to a tech forum that I posted it on originally. didn't want to copy and paste so much stuff.

basically, the concept is that.... oh wait... you're going to click on the link, right?
cool.gif

you think it would be feasible, and you think I could apply for a patent, send it to Switech/Vantec/some watercooling company, call it the "ultimate OC and home user waterblock", make it peltier-supported, and get loads of money, fame, and power?
laugh.gif

I saw a water cooled  computer on the screen savers once. It is a good idea but, I dont think that you would need a water cooled system until the tech companies come out with faster chips. like the duel 6ghz chips.
Thats just my opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaddMexican @ Feb. 08 2003,12:52)]I saw a water cooled  computer on the screen savers once.
Screen-Savers... The only show I miss now that I don't have TV anymore... Oh well.

GJ Amorph! I was thinking about something similiar, only I'm much too lazy to actually think it out to figure out how it would actually work, and then type it out, and then submit it to someone who could actually make it.

Thats a pretty good idea... the point is to get as many rotations as possible, basically, right? or eventually would it actually heat up the water? And the water out would be like coming off the chip, right? as in |----- . The "|" is the swirly parts, only you can't see it because its a side view. and the "----" is the tube bringing the water out?

Anyway, thats really cool... all you have to do now, is get a P4, overclock it to 20ghz, and see if your cooler is good enough to not blow up the world when you turn on the computer.  
biggrin.gif
Then you can get money.

A few years ago a student in my high school designed something very similar to this and won the state science fair and from what i hear got a patent or sold the rights or something so you might be to late...

Not sure, but I thought the Cray Supercomputers already use a cooling technique, but I think it's with something like liquid oxygen. Something that liquifies at an incredibly cool temperature.

oy.  guys - watercooling is a must for overclocking.

overclocking - up the FSB.  if thats not stable, up the Vcore (voltage going to the CPU).  vcore+ = temp+

plus, it increases the life of your CPU.

did you know the P1.8ghzA Northwood Core can easily be overclocked to 2.4ghz on the stock heatink/fan?  and with a watercooling setup, it'll be able to go up to at least 2.6ghz.  *drool*

more updates!  w00t!... those GT guys know their stuff.  and I've posted more revisions and such, too.

plus, my waterblock has a built-in radiator! w00t!
laugh.gif

that will be enough for a patent in itself. too bad patents only last 20 years. or is it 5? bla.

I don't know how much you all have looked into cooling systems and designs, but after I first started looking into them I found these premade cooling systems that just rock the charts when it comes to extreme cooling.  They have been at it for a while now and some of their ideas are quite good. Check it out

Koolance Extreme Cooling Towers

Another interesting thing about chips... is that they are all the same. THe only reason they don't come out with something faster isn't because they are working on faster chips, they are just working it getting it cooler so it doesn't melt itself.

Thats why you can see like 1.2 ghz PII's with them liquid nitrogen cooling system. I saw a picture of that once, was pretty funny looking with the tubes sticking every which way.

Hmm. When you have water, don't you have the possibility of condensation? I'm sure the idea is feasable, but water and electronics don't mix well at all. Perhaps another form of liquid might be better?

All that effort for a few more frames in Quake... well, it's a hobby, I guess.
smile.gif

Back