decisions...

Razilena

I missed Beta so I didn't get to play around experimenting with characters until head start.

I pretty much have it narrowed down to either a Rune priest or Bright Wizard. I only have gotten them to level 3 so far but have tried both in PvE and RvR and have fun with both. My question is what lvl do you think is a good lvl to make a decision on which class to play? For instance a hunter in WoW is nothing like he normally is until after he has his pet. Which lvls are the classes each at their truest form.

Can anyone list the pro's and Con's of each at higher lvls?

Thanks!

Hey there. It's hard to say. The play mechanic at lvl 4 is pretty much the same as it is at lvl 20. Just the effectiveness is different. I have played all of the order classes in beta at least a little bit to feel them out.

Rune Priest is great at group rvr. you will be a great healer and have really good survivability and good buffs. Damage output is not very high except for a couple of the high lvl morale abilities but you have to build up a lot to use them so they won't get used very often.

Bright Wizard is a nuker pure and simple. you will do huge ammounts of range damage, but you'll be very very very fragile.

The classes are fairly generalized. Unlike wow where tanks can rule in dps and healers can respec and become dps and all that stuff, I haven't seen any viable options like that in this game so far.

Bright Wizard- Damage Monster with tissue paper armor. Your classic glass cannon. You also have some crowd control responsibilities. You will be in the rear casting away.

Rune priest is a front line healer. Wears better armor than the BW but is heal first damage second class. Soloing will be fine in RvR but in PvE you will be slower.

I'm enjoying my bright wizard the second time around. During beta I thought they were too squishy and that frustrated me, but after learning to hang back things got better. Also make sure to use every quick spell you have in RvR rather than fireball. Fireball is too slow for most battles.

Which lvls are the classes each at their truest form.

I cannot say if gameplay changes a lot later on but the gameplay of the Witch Hunter changes greatly once you get incognito (at level 10 or 11). Incognito is your stealth ability if you don't know. I cannot help you with the other classes though because I don't know if it holds true for any of them as well.

Last edited:
You should be able to make a good decision around level 10.

ok finally decided...

Bright Wizard

My name is Razzil and will be looking for a guild invite when I play next :)

Back