Crits are active...

Shagz

Looks like crits are working on the server now, even with the TFTrue stuff active. We'll be looking into it, see if there's a new version of the TFTrue mod out that we can upgrade to. In the meantime, we'll just have to deal with it. :p

I sent a PM to uber, Server Admin for deFy, asking if he had an updated version of the modified TFTrue plugin we use for the server.

I'll post with further news once it's available.

In the meantime, should we swap out the "No Crit" text in our server listing to "FastDL"? That might convince players who are hesitant to download custom maps directly from servers to join and wait through the 30-second download.

I sent a PM to uber, Server Admin for deFy, asking if he had an updated version of the modified TFTrue plugin we use for the server.

I'll post with further news once it's available.
PM sent to uber, PM received from uber.

After asking and receiving his permission to re-post his PM, I re-posted it in the TF2 Server Admin Forum.

What is a crit? Is it like a crit in WoW? You have a certain % chance to do more dmg to a player on occassion?

Yea, that's it basically. There's a % hit to do extra damage when you hit somebody, and this % increases for a time if you do multiple kills. (At least last I heard that's what the consensus was)

Most people hate it though, it doesn't make sense in an FPS, or at least the way the algorithm works it doesn't make sense. It seems too random, and people prefer to have static damage when they hit somebody, so actions you take in the game are more predictable.

The plugin we're using reduces the crit % to 0, effectively (but not always) shutting crits "off".

Back