Conclusion of the "Ghosting" thread situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
To all members Tribe of Judah:

As many of you know, a thread on our Counter-Strike Server Discussion Forum recently escalated into a “flame war” where members on both sides of an argument used harsh language to insult and malign others. The thread has since been locked and deleted.

After extensive discussion with the members of the Tribe of Judah Council, we have reached a conclusion regarding how we will discipline those members guilty of wrong-doing.

It is with a very heavy heart that I announce these decisions. I have spent several hours in discussion with other members to reach these conclusions, striving to avoid any unfairness. This situation has affected me on a personal level, delaying my schoolwork and forcing me to decide punishments for members—a responsibility I am known to dislike. Some of the offending members are my friends, making these decisions particularly difficult. I thank those who encouraged me and helped me view the situation objectively.

To ensure I and the Council remain accountable to all members, I will list our decisions publicly:

- Zeke and Abe will both be banned from the Tribe of Judah Counter-Strike server until the next Jubilee. [NOTE: It was also decided that Jubilee, which is a term we use for the removal of all bans from Tribe of Judah gaming servers, will occur twice a year. We have not yet decided when the next Jubilee will occur.]

- Thaddius and LionOfJudah will be banned from the Tribe of Judah Counter-Strike server for one month and their forum warning levels will be raised by two increments.

- Vanaze will be completely removed from the Tribe of Judah roster and barred from all Tribe of Judah services. This means he will be: banned from the Tribe of Judah Counter-Strike server until the next Jubilee, banned from the official Tribe of Judah IRC channel, and forbidden to post on the Tribe of Judah forums or use the Tribe of Judah channels on the Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak server until further notice. The Christian Gamers Alliance shared forums and the Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak server do not allow for partial bans; therefore, Vanaze has been warned that his posting in any Tribe of Judah forums or using any Tribe of Judah TeamSpeak channels may result in a total ban from either service.

Please note that I have purposely not handed down any judgments that would permanently bar any offender from any area of the Tribe of Judah community.

It is my hope that these punishments communicate the following messages:

- Discipline of Tribe of Judah members will be fair and not partial. Staff members will not be excused from discipline; moreover, they will be held to a higher standard.

- The staff of Tribe of Judah never wishes to permanently close its doors to anyone, understanding that people may repent of past mistakes and be welcomed back into the community at a later date. The practice of Jubilee, or regular clearing of the Tribe of Judah game servers’ ban lists, most clearly communicates this purpose, but this concept applies to all areas of Tribe of Judah.

- While members are welcome to suggest changes or even question policies made by Tribe of Judah leadership, they are to use the appropriate channels to do so. If you strongly disagree with a staff member, contact them privately to discuss the matter in a constructive and civil manner. If you choose to “flame” any member of leadership under any circumstances, you will be disciplined as soon as possible and whatever message you were trying to send will likely be rendered null and void. It is not my intention to run a “police state” where people are not free to suggest changes to current policies. It is my intention to preserve the unity of Tribe of Judah. I will not tolerate insubordination.

- While Tribe of Judah gaming servers are open to the public, playing on them is a privilege and not a right. Too many people are taking these servers for granted and arguing about “rights” they do not possess.

- Leadership sets the rules for Tribe of Judah resources such as gaming servers. If you disagree with a rule, you may contact the appropriate leader privately to discuss the matter—again, in a civil and constructive manner. If you cannot agree with our rules, please go elsewhere.

At the conclusion of this difficult matter, I remind everyone that the positive news we hear from members far, far outweighs the negative. We have created a haven for gamers wishing to escape the malicious and blasphemous speech and attitude frequently associated with secular gaming communities. We have welcomed new and mature Christians alike and seen many of them bless and be blessed by this community. We are not gamers who happen to be Christian. We are Christians who happen to be gamers. We are bound together by a common faith. As long as that faith persists and guides us, we will continue to grow stronger.

I apologize to all community members for not addressing this issue earlier. As our staff grows, I will be able to delegate more tasks and, in turn, they will be accomplished more rapidly.

Tribe of Judah is growing and, as such, will experience growing pains. In the past, there were no standing policies on disciplining members who participate in “flame wars.” This has now been remedied. Please have patience with us as we seek the Lord’s Will. Tribe of Judah belongs to all members; it is up to all of us to make it great.

Thank you all for your time, and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back