Comments from today's ComicCon Panel

ewoksrule

Highlights.....

If you play on the Republic side you will not have any of the missions as playing on the Empire.
it's like two games in one!

"You won our duel. Finish me" the crowd gets to choose, Should we kill him?

Gah they killed him!

Companion characters are going to be a huge part of SW:ToR

You'll be able to change appearance, weapons and what your companions look like. You can change skin color (red, blue, yellow).

Q: How many planets will there be in the game and will there be more planned?
A: There are 19 major worlds and many more small worlds. But hopefully there will be 100s of world if all goes well. They joked this game would be around in 2025.

You'll be able to play until level 50.

Big beta in September.

The last frame just said pre-order now

That was their announcement. Bummed.

Release Window Target: Holiday 2011. Ugh.

Last edited:
3:22
Nikole: Hello! Finally found a seat! Who's ready for the SW:ToR panel?
3:24
Comment From Zach Dowd
Will there be a video of this later on g4 website?

3:25
Nikole: Yes we're recording this panel for you!

3:26
Comment From Paul Duval
Will you be sharing the announcements via chat with us as they are said?
3:27
Nikole: i will tell you as soon as I know!

3:27
Eric Eckstein: Just so everyone knows, Comic-Con does not allow any broadcasting or live streaming of panels. So we'll record the panel, and later in the week, put this live so you can see it in all its glory.

3:29
Comment From Max Madewell
Have they announced anything yet? Videos? Updates? A possible Release Date?

3:30
Nikole: The panel hasn't started yet. People around me are iphone ap lightsaber fighting.

3:30
Eric Eckstein: BTW, an important update for everyone. The Collector's Edition pre-orders may have already sold out, in advance of the beta in September: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...eptember-collectors-edition-already-sold-out/

3:32
Comment From Celairnaur Airgedok
Who is winning the lightsabre app fight Sith or jedi?

3:32
Nikole: I think I'm the winner just for watching them look so ridiculous

3:34
Comment From Maciej Koperski
Is the room full? How about the atmoshpere? I'm wondering is the SWTOR panel one of the most popular thursday attractions?

3:35
Nikole: The room is packed! The PR and staff are trying to get everyone to move over to so every seat is filled. I aint moving!

3:35
Nikole: OMG OMG LIGHTS ARE OFF

3:36
Nikole: SWtOR trailer "for centuries we waited" trailer is playing.

3:37
Nikole: I think we saw this video at E3. The Sith and the Republic both tell their reasons for wanting to win.

3:37
Nikole: All cinematic, no in game, kid next to me stopped breathing.

3:40
Nikole: The Star Wars opening screen plays, ToR will start with the trademark Star Wars scroll.
3:40
Nikole: It will be different for each class and it will give you some back story.

3:42
Nikole: This might be a new cinematic, a ship is closing in on a red planet. Small fighter ships close in. AND ITS OVER. Tease.

3:43
Nikole: So all the cinematics they've shown have been released in reverse chronological order. Wrap your mind around that!
3:44
Nikole: If you play on the Republic side you will not have any of the missions as playing on the Empire.
3:44
Nikole: it's like two games in one!

3:45
Comment From SFX_Jaro
this is such noob info
3:45
Nikole: This panel is for everyone, not just you. Chill.

3:46
Nikole: "You won our duel. Finish me" the crowd gets to choose, Should we kill him?
3:46
Nikole: Gah they killed him!

3:47
Nikole: Now they're showing us what would happen had we let him live. And it is soo lame!

3:49
Nikole: Right now there showing us a behind-the-scenes video about how they record the game's audio.

3:51
Nikole: The video includes Lacey Chabert, David Hader, Kari Wahlgreen, and Catherine Taber.

3:51
Nikole: They all voice characters SW:ToR

3:53
Nikole: New companion is Nadia, a companion to a Jedi consular voiced by Holly Field. She is a romance option. Nadia is, not Holly.

3:53
Eric Eckstein: This panel is scheduled to end at 4:30pm Pacific.

3:55
Nikole: They're showing off the nav system/maps, look like ME2.

3:55
Nikole: New vehicles, speeder, land speeder

3:57
Nikole: Combat: They want to make sure the combat combines the action of the movies with the idea of BioWare's companion characters.

3:57
Nikole: Companion characters are going to be a huge part of SW:ToR

3:59
Nikole: You'll be able to change appearance, weapons and what your companions look like. You can change skin color (red, blue, yellow).

4:00
Nikole: by appearance I mean armor, outfits.

4:02
Nikole: Now it's QA time. NO ONE HAS ASKED ABOUT RELEASE DATE!

4:06
Nikole: Someone asked how their story will affect someone they party up with. Your personal story will not affect your party. But there will be group chats, and group missions.

4:09
Nikole: Q: How many planets will there be in the game and will there be more planned? A: There are 19 major worlds and many more small worlds. But hopefully there will be 100s of world if all goes well. They joked this game would be around in 2025.

4:10
Nikole: You'll be able to play until level 50.

4:10
Nikole: After the elder game, there is content planned for group content.

4:13
Nikole: Q: How much pressure are you under to make the ultimate SW game?

4:13
Nikole: In a nutshell, "a lot" the stress makes them age faster

4:14
Nikole: There will be a quick travel system for traveling from planet to planet.

4:15
Nikole: It takes about a half hour to run across all of Tatooine.

4:17
Nikole: Q: Any advice about getting into the video games industry?
A: Never do this.
4:19
Nikole: A: It's one of the most competitive fields out there. It's hard work.

Nikole: A: I got lucky. I went to school and then I made Baldur's Gate.

Nikole: Q: How is PvP going to work?

4:20
Nikole: A: Very well.

4:20
Nikole: One last trailer!
All in game footage

4:21
Nikole: never before seen

4:22
Nikole: Jedi Knight, Trooper, Smuggler, Jedi Consuar, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Sith Inquistor, -- battles and intros for all of them
4:23
Nikole: The last frame just said pre-order now

4:23
Nikole: That was their announcement. Bummed.

4:26
Nikole: Everyone sitting at the panel at comic-con get a pre-order. HEY HEY!

4:26
Nikole: Big beta in September.
4:27
Nikole: Release Window Target: Holiday 2011. Ugh.
4:28
Nikole: They will have a limited launch, encouraging people to pre-order.
4:29
Nikole: Okay, that's the panel!

Yeah, I stuck around for that. Too bad they didn't give an official release, but hopefully they can stick to the target zone. I wonder when we will get our early access....

Back