"Come Back to Camelot" promotion

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I just noticed an ad banner on a site (I forget which) that advertised the "Come Back to Camelot" promotion. Mythic explains the promotion on their site:
We're offering you the chance to come back to Camelot for free. As a former* player, we'd like to give you 10 free days** to discover what has kept others playing while you've been away. You won't even have to start over; your character awaits you just as you left it when you last played.

Note that this is a limited time offer. You must log into your account between July 14-24, 2005 to receive 10 days of free play
While four days is not quite enough to justify downloading the trial, digging my old account information up, and punching in a credit card number to verify the account, ten days would have been.

My question is: How often does Mythic offer such promotions?

I have some "unfinished business" in Midgard: gold and items to give away. I'd also like to trek around the world for a few days and see what's changed. Time and budget do not allow for me to play a MMO game regularly, but it would be nice to re-visit for a few days.

Should Mythic repeat this promotion in the future, would someone mind sending me a PM or posting a note on this forum?

You don't have to enter your cc info. I finally got my ToA client working yesterday, and logged onto one of the new classic servers to check things out.

Lots of fun seeing some of the old haunts. They've added some nice new features to the game.

Hmm, they offer the Come Back To Camelot free periods every expansion. The next expansion is set to come out in September (set to anyways). AND in that expansion, there is supposed to be MOUNTS! W00T! ;)

Anywho, thought I'd let y'all know :)

They announced it sometime earlier this year that it was going to come out. But, I made the mistake and called it an "expansion" when it is one of those "free updates". The last major thing they did (besides new servers) was Catacombs..so, they are coming out with their free upgrade (they have one between each pay expansion), sometime in the next few months (I believe Sep through Nov).

:)

Ok, I was somewhat mistaken about the cc thing. If you still have card information attached to your account, the game won't ask again. If, however, you cleared out the cc info when you cancelled, you'll have to enter new info before your account is reactivated.

Back