Collections FAQ

direpath

This has been asked about in guild chat a few times so I figured I would post about it here...

With the advent of the Cartel Market, a new feature was opened up to players. Collections.

What is it?

Collections is an area where you can view every single Cartel Market item and Cartel Reputation Items available to your Legacy. It includes the following subcategories:
  • Cartel Market - shows items from the Cartel Pack Reputation vendors that you have obtained or have access to.
  • Packs - lists all of the past and present packs and their contents
  • Armor - lists all armour broken down by packs
  • Weapons - lists all weapons broken down by packs
  • Color Crystals - lists all crystals broken down by packs
  • Toys - lists all toys broken down by packs
  • Emotes - lists all emotes broken down by packs
  • Titles - lists all titles broken down by packs
  • Mounts - lists all mounts broken down by packs

How do I add an item to my collection?

Once you obtain an item and use it or equip it, it will be lit up in the collections window. In the case of sets, you will need to equip the whole set on the same character (equipping on a companion counts). This set or item will now always be available to that character in unlimited quantities. Note that you cannot sell or trade copies made from collections (for obvious reasons).

Do I have to buy the same set again if I want it on my other toon?

Not necessarily. This is the beauty of collections. While logged in as another toon, you will still see it highlighted in Collections. If you try to retrive it you will be prompted to "unlock it" for a certain amount of Cartel Coins (CC). You cannot unlock it via credits, only CC.

The costs will vary. Armor sets can be as low as 90CC, up to 360CC (maybe higher). Weapons and Crystals run around 200CC. Mounts can be as low as 1CC (I think this is for ones you obtained from some event or promotion) up to a few hundred CC. I have not unlocked each type of item so I am unsure the costs for everything. I think it is safe to assume if you have 400+ CC you can likely unlock that item or set.

In the case of reputation vendor items for the various cartel pack related reputations, you do not need to "unlock" the item as it is always available from the vendor. The downside is you have to go to the Cartel Bazaar and buy it from the vendor. These are typically decently priced. I have some eyepatch thing from one rep that I can buy on any toon I want, for example.

What happens once it is unlocked?

Once an item or set is unlocked, all characters on your legacy (possibly account, Im not sure) can now retrieve unlimited quantities of the item. In the case of the color crystals that give +41 to a stat and can be used at level 10, this is very potent. You can give one to every weapon on every companion you have for no further cost.

How do I get the sets/weapons/items/crystals?

There are relatively few items that are direct purchases on the Cartel Market (CM). Most are obtained by chance from the various packs. You can take your chances with them if you like. I prefer to save my CCs for unlocks.

In my opinion the best method is to purchase the items or sets from the GTN with credits, then equip them on a toon and spend your CCs unlocking them to your legacy. It really depends on the player and their disposable cash to game playtime ratio.

How do I get more CCs?

You get a monthly amount for a few things:
  • Monthly sub - 500 for monthly, 550 for three month, 600 for 6 month (you get the CCs when your sub is paid)
  • Security Key - 100CC every month whether subbed or not
  • Friend referral - if someone uses your Refer a Friend code and subs within 14 days you get 500CC and 100CC for each month they are subbed (not sure if you get it when unsubbed or not)
  • Cash money - You can buy CC on the SWTOR site. Some game stores in the US carry cards as well. I have yet to see any in Canada.
  • Promotions - Sometimes EA-ware likes to throw CC at us. Often this is to entice people to resub. "Resub by May 4th and get 1000CC" was the most recent one. Total bonus for being a paying customer.

I hope this helps people who are confused about Collections.

Last edited:
Security Key - 100CC every month whether subbed or not
I'm reading differing opinions on this. From what I read, you can't attach the key unless you are subbed. Then if you let your sub expire it remains.

Can you confirm?

I'm reading differing opinions on this. From what I read, you can't attach the key unless you are subbed. Then if you let your sub expire it remains.

Can you confirm?

Can't confirm the first part, I added the key before they went f2p. However, I have let my sub lapse a couple of times for financial reasons and the key remained linked to my account. I needed it to log in and I didn't have to re-link it when I resubed.

I can confirm the key does continue to grant you 100CC, regardless of subscription. I couldn't tell on the friend referral as I had no way of knowing who used it and how long they remained subbed.

EDIT: Oh you were talking about adding a key when you are not subbed lol.

Like Kahiel, I added mine while subbed. It remains attached. I would suspect with high certainty that you can add it regardless of sub as it provides protection for your account which benefits you as a sub, preferred, or f2p customer.

Last edited:
Back