Christian industrial

rizz

ARGH.. There is no good music for christians.....

Ok thats a bit of a lie, there is a ton but im in a serious drought of good music. I need something good to tide me over until the Release of the new Tourniquet album.

I love industrial metal.. Layered beats and synth with heavy distorted guitars and wicked vocals. Im sure those of you familiar with that style will know of Circle of Dust. I have been trying to find some music like this but have failed miserably.

The closest thing i have found is AP2. Since Celldweller was a let down. Does anyone know any good bands i can get a hold of... email me or send me links to mp3 downloads or FTP me some stuff or anything... If yiou have no idea what im talking about then get some samples of mp3.com or winMX. Dont tell me to buy POD or Pillar or that trash...

NEED MUSIC

I've listened to Circle of Dust, who you mention, and Deitiphobia. But I don't believe they are around anymore.

rgr not many are

Theres Circle fo dust that spawned AP2/Klank/Level etc.. but the christianity of those bands is sketchy at best. Plus i cant get hold of any of their CD's.

I found a band called Torn Skin on mp3.com but theyre not great. Still the best catch so far..

Techno/Trance > all

I actually found a sweet song about Genesis by Astral Projection. When I get full comp access again Rizz, I'll send it to ya. With all the good techno/trance in England...you're out listening to Industrial. meh!
smile.gif

Heya Rizz,

I have some GREAT music for ya
smile.gif
Contact me on the Q if ya want a sample ;) 24662544

~peace

U2, P.O.D., STING, ALL R0X0RS, YOUR B0X0RS!!! And thats just the stuff thats popular with everyone, except them evil trixsy rappers.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (izip @ Feb. 03 2003,1:59)]Techno/Trance > all

I actually found a sweet song about Genesis by Astral Projection. When I get full comp access again Rizz, I'll send it to ya. With all the good techno/trance in England...you're out listening to Industrial. meh!
smile.gif
astral projection? that aint christian, thats new age j00 f00! I've got tons of mp3s by all 3, Bet you wish there was still napster now huh? You should, really, r0x.

I never said it was Christian, they just did a song about Creationism. By the way, I use imesh anyway, and I can get virtually any song I want on it, so it's all good.
smile.gif

Ummm. East-West is pretty good. DC Talk as well.
Creed! But Creed's not really Christian. Try out East-West. They're like the Slipknot of Christian music.

Slipknot are a little too .... awful for my tastes. I will check out eastwest though.

About the only band i would listen to (secular) is System Of A Down. They just have a great blend..

As for styles i like...

Heavy metal with classically trained singers. Or very talented singers who can just power their voice with no gorwl or high pitched scream. Examples - Soundgarden, Faith no more, Tourniquet, Ozzy

Heavy metal with orchestral accompaniment. Lots of blues stylee classical riffage. Example - metallica - S&M (i grew up with metallica)

Industrial dark wth heavy guitars but again the singer has to carry it. Examples - Circle of Dust

Celldweller's profane language turned me off as well.  Here's a few things:   I do like AP2 very much but i wish they would release another album.  Another cd you might check out is Level - Devil's Advocate.  Level is one of the dudes from AP2.  I also listen to Wyrick, which is an interesting brand of industrial.  You might check out www.flamingfish.com which has quite a few Christian industrial artists that seem like they would be right down your alley.

I too am eagerly awaiting the new Tourniquet
smile.gif

Oh yea if you like Christian metal I suggest you check out Balance of Power, they rock. It seems like you would like them.

peace

Great! I have a Metallica fine with me! And an Ozzy fan! And a SOAD fan! YEA!
System of a Down is one of my favorite heavy metal secular music. I can't stand Slipknot. They scare me. Them and some others. Mudvayne. Cannibal Corpse. Marilyn Manson. Scary. I hate them. I can't stand their music.
Metallica: King Nothing, Enter Sandman, Through the Never, Whiskey in the Jar (after Tin LIzzie), Unforgiven II (Bob Seger), MAster of Puppets, S&M, Frayed Ends of Sanity, Wasting My Hate.....so much more.
System of a Down: Needles, The Prison Song, Chop Suey, War? (Of war, we don't speak no more), Suite-Pee (just the way it begins. That song is...wrong. In many ways.), Sugar, Inner Vision.....I love SoaD.
Yeah East-West is okay.

We have a modern Christian station here in Columbus. Below is the link to their Hard Core show. You might find a couple of bands of interest, plus the shows are recorded so you can listen to them incase the timezone difference makes it hard to catch the live show.

http://tvulive.com/radiou/hxc.htm

Celldweller arent actually christian. I think Klayton went on a bit of a backslide and thats what caused CoD to split. The disengage album is certainly not as spiritual as the previous ones but has all the best tunes on o_O.

Rgr on wyrick and Level. I have a wyrick CD but no Level.. yet. Im gonna search around for some.

The band that got me into Industrial Dance was Front 242. I think it was their Tyranny for You album. They are definitely not Christian. I started buying lots of their stuff. But then they came out with an album titled with the F word, so I stopped buying their stuff. A little while later I found "Circle of Dust". The self-titled album sounded just like Front 242. Some similar sounds and style.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ Feb. 05 2003,2:20)]Ummm. East-West is pretty good. DC Talk as well.
Creed! But Creed's not really Christian. Try out East-West. They're like the Slipknot of Christian music.
uhh East West is more Rapcore then metal, allthought everyone of their songs sounds totaly different from the others.

Anyone looking for good metal check out Solid State Records

and for the lighter side there is Tooth and Nail Records

I find that some bands on solid state and T&N are "iffy" to say the least. But there is a lot of good stuff there..

I often just type christian industrial or metal in mp3.com and see what random bands the mp3.com radio stations have there. Though they usually only have about 3 songs to download
rock.gif

Back