Christ above all

timor

Hey guys. As you probably don't know, my parents are not saved. This is usually not a big deal, but the other day my father and I had a discussion about religion - it began with him stating his belief that religion was stupid due to all the trouble it causes in the world and it's lack of solid evidence. Of course, I couldn't just let this go. As the conversation progressed, he said something along the lines of "Well if we are all going to Hell without Christ and you are going to Heaven, wouldn't it be better to be in Hell with us?" to which I foolishly responded with "Christ comes before family." My father didn't like that one bit, and went on t ask ludicrously hypothetical questions such as "If your little brother's (he's 10 months old) life was on the line, or you mom (etc etc), you wouldn't renounce your faith?" to which I had to, with a gulp, say no.

However, this has been plaguing me and giving my soul no rest at all - I feel horrible that i said that in one hand, though I know the Bible commands that...but I also don't think I could ever truly do that...and basically, I've just lost a lot of faith...so any insight/advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =D

(On the good side you got in practice before the Antichrist comes along and threatens everything you have...everything. Friends, relatives, family, your life, property, your mind, et cetera.)

Dang. That stinks dude. Really bad. I'm not sure how much I can restore your faith...I don't think I can (but I'll help YOU do so for yourself).

I have often wondered this. John Milton stated it thus in the eyes of Satan: "It is better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven." What?
He is defeated. You, however, are not. You even told YOUR own father that (and rest assured, in the end times, fathers shall turn in their sons and vice versa) you would not give up your faith.
And yet now comes the doubt. I don't think any of us have the heart to allow our blood to be killed before us willingly, and I can understand your conflict over this.

I pose to you a question: FBI comes in and tells you renounce your faith into a recorder or they kill your brother in front of your eyes and then proceed onto the others. Think long and hard and picture this happening. Would you? Would you renounce to the God that died and lives again for YOU your faith in Him so you could live longer and the others as well? To live for a while, and then die and die forever? Is it worth the loss of salvation to be with the family for a few years longer and share in yourself a loss of salvation? Is it worth it?

You answer that for yourself and when the time comes (if ever) I pray you are prepared.
Would your father renounce his atheism for you? Would he? And to whom? God? Laughable. He can't believe in something he refuses to acknowledge.
And neither can you. You will not acknowledge a non-existent God. You can't believe in this nothing, knowing full well there is a God. YOU personally can't. Others can. YOU can't.
Would your father do the same? Probably just to save you and then that is empty "faith" in God. It is nothing more than to save his skin and the life of his family.

Our lives mean nothing. And the faith to die for your God is a testament to many. Perhaps even your father. PRay that he sees it. I will too.

Wow, Ultima. Wow. That's all I can really say.

Ultima, thank you. That was great, truthful, and nailed the point home. You'll be happy to hear I am feeling quit strong in my faith. Also, a freind was just called to be a youth pastor down in MD, and he gave me a whole bunch of his books to pick out of - I filled a 30gallon trash bag; I'd better unload it soon, as the plastic is ripping ;D Why I included that, I don't really know - probably so I know I have a lot of time ahead of me to be spending with God, learning and working through such obstacles :0)

Thanks again Ultima - incredible. Certainly the best post of yours I've ever read (though I may be biased)
wink.gif

Love

You won't win your family to Jesus with an argument.

But you will through love.

Be the example of Love, and if you ever did have to give your life for what you believe, your love for Christ will win them.

In truth though, it's harder to live for Christ than to die for him. The Holy Spirit will always be there whatever you need, to help you through it. He's da bomb

sealcomm

I agree with everything you said, seal. However, the point of the matter was not MY life - that I would gladly give for my Lord's name. It is the unsaved family members' lives that were in question in the hypothetical situation. Anyways, you can pretty much let this thread die now.

Timor, the God who made Heaven and earth is proud of you!

And I am too.

If you want to gain more faith and believe in God. I suggest you read the book of Mark. In your Bible. If you do not have one go to a church in the isles.

You can find them there.

I am whats called an onlinepreacher.
I, and many other christians know what you are dealing with.

So your not the only one going through this.

My dad used to be atheist. And I myself was young at the time wanted to be like my dad. So I would be an atheist today. If it weren't for my mom.
It took a long time but slowly my dad started coming to
church for my mom since I was a hand full :p
But that almost forced my father to hear the good news.
And was converted to christianity and so was I.

Keep on talking to your parents. Use your Bible and read some scripture to them.

But most of all pray for your family.
Prayer is probobly the best thing you can do for your family right now.

And remember God loves you and hes always there.
And I'll be here for you if you have any questians.
Things happen on God's time Not ours.

For any questians feel free to contact me at,
blades_nab@hotmail.com

-BLades

I see what you mean timor...

If you denounce God, your concerned about your eternity.

If you don't they are dead and it's their eternity.

I know a man who use to live in Nigeria. One night the muslims when on a riot (as they do) and they came to his house because he was the curator (spelling?) of his local church.

They were sharpening their knives on his front lawn telling him their message (deaths coming)

He didn't run and hide, he gathered with his wife and two little kids and they cuddled together and prayed. He said Lord if it's your will we will be with you today.

They never came in.

I had another friend that while he was preaching a man attacked him. He never finished it but ended up lying flat on his back before the preacher under the spirit of God.

All we have in these circumstances is Faith.

I know is theological at this time. But if someone put a gun to my wife and said 'her or your faith'......

who do i love more...

Jesus.

I know what she would think if i said her.... i'd be dead either way.

it's easier when you are equally yoked. Though it would never be easy. Never.

sealcomm

Back