Checking in

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Hey guys,

I just wanted to check in with you. See whats going on, how's everyone doing, let you all know that I'm alive and perfecting the art of Forum Creeping. (Think Zerg in SC2..)

It's been a little over a month since I've been back on my college campus. About 3 weeks for leadership training and preparing for New Student Orientation, a week and a half of moving in new students and getting them acclimated to WJU life and now our first full week of classes is almost over. It's been an incredible month so far.

William Jessup University has an excellent leadership program (I am on Student Government) and there are about 60 students that applied (or elected in my case) to be student leaders in the form of Resident Assistants, Orientation Assistants, Student Activities, etc. We all move in two weeks early to get settled and prepare for the new year. We also spend a weekend at a private lake for our Leadership Retreat where we just get to relax, bond, and let the Spirit work.

After training was NSO (New Student Orientation) where the new incoming students moved in and several days afterwards of activities to get them bonding, motivated and accustomed to college life. For the first 3 weeks it was get up at 7:30am, go to bed around midnight, rinse and repeat. Exhausting, yet I had never felt better in my life. It was totally a God thing, serving the school and having group devotions every morning.

I still have a hard time explaining my experience because I really don't know how to convey everything in words, much less comprehensible words. We had devotions every morning, and one of the returning student leaders each took a day and gave a few minute devotion, and the coolest part was they ALL focused on unity, prayer, and being led by the Spirit. With no coordination at all, every spiritual moment revolved around those three themes. They are without a doubt our theme words for the year along with legacy. Legacy, Unity, Prayer. It's been a wild experience seeing God work. I am so excited right now seeing everything He is doing and all the progress we have done so far. Everything has been seamless and smooth and we've gotten so much done it's been incredible.

I'm not sure how much this all makes sense, but bottom line is, God is moving, and I am so blessed right now to be in the middle of it. I am having the time of my life knowing that THIS is the place where I need to be right now.

However, I still love you guys and I'm still around. I still creep on the forums and I'll pop in GW every now and again. I just wanted to share my experience so far and see how everyone is doing. Anything going on? Problems? Concerns? Cookies? I want to know what's going on with my friends :)

~Stc

That's awesome, Stc. We register no surprise to find that you've been incorporated in leading and serving newer students. That's a great experience, and a great ministry to freshmen... It's one of those opportunities to do small things for someone that make a world of difference to them.

Keep having an awesome time up there.

Back