Check this out!

Dchsknight

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Community Manager
So I was talking with Cow about auto furnaces in game a few days ago. And I was really inclined to check out his theroy of auto furances. So i did some searching.

I am now the proud owner of a 14 piece auto furnace. It is built with hoppers and rail carts. Here are some pictures.

mCmQg1E.png

JZfdZIz.png

there are "Docking stations that correspond to hoppers in side the room on either side of the chest. The hoppers there feed minecart chests which then distribute the fuel and the parts to be smelted to the 14 furnaces. the chest int he center of the room is the pickup which is feed by hopper tubes that run from the furnace. If you want to come check it out do so! Just be careful not to hit the chests as they go by on the rail.

There are the two hoppers and if you are facing the chest, the hopper on the right takes the "fuel" and any kind of fuel will work. the hopper on the left takes the items to be cooked. I do not have it set for specific furnaces. it will take the stacks and deistribute them evenly to all 14.

There is a way to have it sort as well, but requires comparors and some wiring and lots of stone shovels

There is a way to have it sort as well, but requires comparors and some wiring and lots of stone shovels

I was thinking that too. A little more simply, you could use comparators to run the mine carts when they actually have something (fuel or smeltables) to distribute as well. My auto farm on the old server would keep the rail car in the starting position until the hopper was full then it would start looping until it was empty.

I was thinking that too. A little more simply, you could use comparators to run the mine carts when they actually have something (fuel or smeltables) to distribute as well. My auto farm on the old server would keep the rail car in the starting position until the hopper was full then it would start looping until it was empty.

That is actually what it has. There is a comparator next to the 2 hoppers and when something is in the hopper it shuts the power off to the powered rail and the cart will pick up what is in it.

That is actually what it has. There is a comparator next to the 2 hoppers and when something is in the hopper it shuts the power off to the powered rail and the cart will pick up what is in it.

Schweet! I couldn't tell from the pictures. :cool:

Back