Can I get a witness?

Malohaut

Whoever has eyes, let them read. Who has fingers, let them type. Can I get a witness anybody?

Stand up and shout what Jesus Christ has done for you in the days gone by!!!

Come on one and all. Tell us a testimony. Don't care if its your testimony or one you heard from a friend. Let's all see how the hand of God has moved in the world lately!

I let me think. Looks at his last post. Ya that was good.

I think others have better stories coming.

Well, I guess I can share here.

I have been living in Arizona for the past 8 years. Every year I have been here I have tried and tried to go elsewhere. To say I don't like it here would be an understatement. I started going back to church about 4.5 years ago, when my wife and I were at the verge of divorce and our daughter had just been born. My wife had a study group praying for me and that in itself is a testement as I was real resistant to church after what I saw as a kid. Since then, God has helped me overcome a drug problem, I am trying to overcome a sexual addiction that has on more than one occasion almost cost me my marriage. I can only feel that this is why God has kept me here to show me where I was wrong in my life.

Fast forward to last year. There was an opportunity for me to go to Portland for a year and train on the new process. It would be temporary and I really wanted to go, for a change. Well, I managed to get myself a written warning at work which disqualified me from going. Needless to say, I was very, very angry, mainly at myself. I ended up breaking down and just telling God, "fine. my life is yours, keep me here if you want, do with it what you want." I was tired of trying to fight for what I wanted. Well, in December, we got a call that we were going to be 200 over headcount and Oregon had 150 permanant positions if anyone wanted to go with a full relocation package. I talked to my wife and we decided to put in. I was called and offered a position. We took it, and now we are getting ready to move. God has made allot of changes in my life over the past 8 years and every one of them has been for the better. I can only imagine of where I would be if God had not answered my wifes prayer and got me back in church. But now, I am a better person, I have a deeper understanding of what it means to have a relationship with Christ, and I am moving to a part of the U.S. I have always wanted to go. God is truly wonderful.

Cory

Now Ken, If you don't know how He's been working you're looking in the wrong places ( smiles).

Ok again out of my comfort zone let me tell you about the devil's distractions and also God's graces for me this past week.

To even have the courage for me to post or ask for prayers is one of God's true blessings for me. But even now the devil seems the need for distraction.

I was blessed by a special ooc pastor who took the time to call me long distance and pray for and with me the night before my surgery. But also to have many a pastor in town and close by that weren't able to be more of a beacon for me during one of my most frigtening times of my life.

To have many loved ones either be here or call just to check on me and how I was and then the hurting of those I wished could have found one minute just to say hi.

Right now I'm just struggling over the hurt and other circumstances that are beyond my control.

But enough of that to tell the even bigger blessings God seemed to give me. The day I had surgery I was very much afraid and not sure and just worried about things I could not control and could not seem to find the way to calm down. Even though the doctor thought I needed help medically with that, I got the most peace from my 2 minute break when I could close my eyes and just talk with God. Even before the nurses could give me the medication, I calmed down a lot.

To have the capable team of doctors and nurses around also blessed me as they listened when I told them I was afraid and didn't just brush it off. So much so that they didn't tell me that I was being given the medicine that would put me to sleep but just that it would sting. (And that's the last thing I remember telling them it was stinging).

This staff was so comitted even though as a Christian I didn't worry about where I was going.

But after surgery my heartbeat dropped dramatically so much so the staff felt like they were screaming at me to wake up. This fight was over an hour long from the small amount I could see on the clock when I could actually open my eyes for a second. So another day, in God's will, is yet another blessing.

Probably the biggest blessing though was that what was expected was not. My doctor and I agreed on what we thought was wrong and that this disease would be a lifelong battle that would be something that would plague me for at least 15 or 20 more years. But when all was said and done, it ended up being a much less problem which if all goes well should not reoccur. Also that there doesn't seem to be a reason why I won't have many a blessings to come in the future. As I've yet to really get to speak with my doctor, I'm still a bit puzzled with many questions and lots of pain.

So without me going into great explanations here on a server where many an eye including young people, thats my praise.

I hope this is the witness you're looking for even though there's still a lot of struggle I seem to be facing.

Blessings "Angel"

(Smiles) and I thought my post would be first tells you of my long windedness and also that pesky devil with his many distractions. Blessings "Angel"

Back