Bible Study 8-30-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleburg

Taking the Low Road to a High Place

PHIL. 2:3-9

vv.3-4 – “Others!”

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but less about yourself… and more about others. It opens the door to unity, harmony, and intimacy in our relationships.

v.5 – Choosing Christ’s Attitude

Wiersbe: “Outlook determines outcome”.

v.6-8 – Taking Steps Down the Low Road

Step 1: Letting Go of Glory [v.6]

Lucifer said, “I will”; Jesus said, “Thy will” – and that has made all the difference.
(Isaiah. 14:12-15How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn!
You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!
“But you said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’
Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol, To the recesses of the pit.
; Matt. 26:39Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will</SPAN>)

Step 2: Becoming a servant [v. 7]

Mark 10:45,For the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve

2 Cor. 4:5, For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

Step 3: Humbling ourselves [v.8]

Eph. 5:21, Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

We take the low road with others because of our high regard for Jesus Christ. He took the low road for us; we take the low road for Him.

SO WHAT?

v. 9 – Elevated to a High Place

James 4:10, Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.

A truly successful life is one that will be exalted by God in the next.

NOW WHAT? (What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this message?
Are you headed on the Low road to High places?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back