Beware of TS Pranksters

Guilo

To Whom It May Concern,

Had someone jump into our TS server that turned out to be a prankster. His handle was "Imperial Wizard" and then later "Undead Platypus". He claimed he wanted to ask some survey questions to collect statistics on TeamSpeak users they're nationality and ethnicity, but couldn't tell us what group he was from. He could also not identify how he learned about our TS server - he gave a name that wasn't in our roster. He later identified himself as Nathan Bedford Forrest, which is the name of the man who formed the KKK. After being kicked from the server for the first time, he returned and "apologized" and explained his pranking intentions. He kept hopping in and out of the server and I kept kicking him out. One of those final times, he hopped in long enough to call me the "n-word" and then got kicked.

Just wanted to let folks know about this.

Eric

You can ban by IP, too. It prevents them from coming back on the next time.

CGA (on the other side of the TS coin) has had a little bit of issues, too.

There was a group of us that were running a heroic months ago that had the same sort of thing happen. We were looking around for someone within TF that had access to ban him but no one was on at that time.

What has prevented us from password protecting Teamspeak?
I understand the simplicity of not having a password but is there any other reason for not having one set?

can access be set for teamspeak to only allow Voice after being vetted by a member?

Just to let you guys know, if you ever need someone removed from your teamspeak server, don't hesitate to try and contact me if your guys in power aren't around. I try and be on the general CGA server when possible, so that's a good way to make contact. We've been having the same problems on the CGA side too.

There seems to be an increase in this type of insanity :(

Last edited:
Back