Become StarCraft II Staff (Updated)

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Hello and welcome.

Tribe of Judah's StarCraft II Division is seeking volunteers to help with administrative and managerial duties.

Positions:
Tournaments Manager
Details: Creates, organizes, and manages Tribe tournaments. May also work with Commentators to cast matches/replays. Amount of work expected is less than 1 hour/week.​

Tournament / Event Follower
Details: Follows outside tournaments and events; organizes them on the forums for members to follow. This duty is especially suitable to those who already follow tournaments. Also includes interviews with top players.​

If you are interested and can help with any of the above tasks then please submit a brief message either on the forums or via PM to Bowser.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:
I'm up for it

I kinda just found out about this group, I'm not that good, but I've been watchin alot of games, so I can at least get some new people started. I don't know HTML or anything, but I can post videos and some how to's. Just let me know.
:cool: :eek:

I have a temporary job for anyone who is interested.

I have found ~4 Christian site forums with posters expressing interest in StarCraft II. I would like someone to create an account on the sites and create a post with some introductory information about us, and get to know some of the forum members.

I would also like to invite them to participate in our events and such. This is not a recruitment event.

btw - thank you Naruto

Last edited:
What are the sites?

Hey I'm new! But I'd to find some time and maybe hit up a couple sites for you! Let me know!

Hi there...

I'm in the beta as well...
also pre-ordered the game. :)

Anyways...
I'm a web developer and have my own webstudio.
I wouldn't mind helping out here and there...
or maybe set some stuff up... let me know.

Send me an email or pm if you need me for anything website related.

Cheers,
Tom.

Hey Tom!

Thanks for posting, and I appreciate your help. Can you PM me your email address so I can send you what I have?

We also need someone to step up as assistant-lead to help with tournament creation/management/coordinator, contacting commentators, and update information on the site and forums. I expect these duties to take up roughly an hour a week of one's time.

Thanks!

Another temporary job.

I need someone to find images of the multiplayer maps, either by copy-pasting the images shown in-game, or finding them elsewhere. Images should be in good quality, colorful, have minimal border, and no larger than 100x100. Please title the image as the name of the map with no spaces.

Edit: Completed! Thanks!

Last edited:
awh darn... I used to follow sc 1 pro players with great intrest....I don't think i care enough about sc II pro players since none of the best players from sc 1 are playing sc II Like Slayers Boxer, Pusan, July, Savior, flash, bisu etc. etc. etc. SC II is catering to more of war craft III players which I can't stand to begin with.

awh darn... I used to follow sc 1 pro players with great intrest....I don't think i care enough about sc II pro players since none of the best players from sc 1 are playing sc II Like Slayers Boxer, Pusan, July, Savior, flash, bisu etc. etc. etc. SC II is catering to more of war craft III players which I can't stand to begin with.

This post makes no sense. How is SC2 catering more to War3 players than to BW players? Last I checked there are no heroes, leveling, or items, and it's an extremely fast game like SC/BW. The reason the pros aren't switching en masse yet is because until SC2 gets an established pro scene, they might as well stay with the guaranteed money in BW especially since then they don't have to learn a new game. War3 doesn't have a real pro scene anymore (and hasn't for a few years), so that's why you see them moving to SC2 more readily.

And even then you have people like Tester, July (who is one of the top players on the Korean ladder), etc. playing SC2.

This post makes no sense. How is SC2 catering more to War3 players than to BW players? Last I checked there are no heroes, leveling, or items, and it's an extremely fast game like SC/BW. The reason the pros aren't switching en masse yet is because until SC2 gets an established pro scene, they might as well stay with the guaranteed money in BW especially since then they don't have to learn a new game. War3 doesn't have a real pro scene anymore (and hasn't for a few years), so that's why you see them moving to SC2 more readily.

And even then you have people like Tester, July (who is one of the top players on the Korean ladder), etc. playing SC2.

Dude...I wasn't talking about that...I'm talking about being able to hot key multiple buildings.....auto mine harvesters......selecting more than 12 units in a group.....Holding a key down to spam units out faster than to click each one.....watch towers......entire map is shown......auto cast.....etc. etc. etc. It seems that a lot of ideas from w3 has transitioned to sc II, and this makes starcraft II much less skilled than starcraft BW. You don't even need a high apm to play as my apm back in BW used to be 120 and is now in the high 60's low 70's.

Dude...I wasn't talking about that...I'm talking about being able to hot key multiple buildings.....auto mine harvesters......selecting more than 12 units in a group.....Holding a key down to spam units out faster than to click each one.....watch towers......entire map is shown......auto cast.....etc. etc. etc. It seems that a lot of ideas from w3 has transitioned to sc II, and this makes starcraft II much less skilled than starcraft BW. You don't even need a high apm to play as my apm back in BW used to be 120 and is now in the high 60's low 70's.

And there are plenty of other things that require more APM than in BW. Lots of people like bandwagon into saying it's a noobified game because of those features, but among the top level players there are just as many who say that it takes MORE APM to play SC2 "perfectly" than BW. It's a faster game with more things to manage e.g. chrono/spawn larva, more unit abilities.

And the APM counter in replays is known to be counting in either "normal" or "fast" speed, so your true APM in game is much higher. My BW and SC2 APM are about the same.

Not to mention BW is over 10 years old so more things have been "discovered" leading to more matured play. If you look back at competitive play in the first couple of years of BW, you'd think they were playing a completely different game. Stacked mutas didn't become widespread until like 2006 when July went nuts with them, moving shot was never used, people were doing all sorts of gimicky 1-base builds, etc. Back in those days a 150 APM player could still be one of the best in the world (Fisheye being the most notable "slow" foreigner).

so..... if you want to become Starcraft 2 CGA Staff... message Bowser!

so..... if you want to become Starcraft 2 CGA Staff... message Bowser!

lol everytime I see this thread I'm like "ooh new volunteers!!" I should probably just task Kralgon or Harmless with something to do

Back