August 9th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Most Difficult Days

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff -- they comfort me.

-Psalm 23:4 (NRSV)

THESE are the most difficult days of my life. A terrible illness causes me great physical pain. I am near the end of my earthly journey, an event we all must face. In spite of my situation, a special strength sustains me. What I have not experienced, however, is fear.

I gain comfort while walking and communing with God, obeying God's word, and recognizing that I serve the Lord. Beset by physical suffering, I take comfort and refuge in God.

Christ said whoever believes in him has eternal life, and that is what I believe. Abundant life in Christ surpasses death; our faith proclaims this. At the end of this physical journey, I will rest in the Lord. And like the apostle Paul, I proclaim, "To me, living is Christ and dying is gain" (Phil. 1:21).

A sense of peace washes over me as I prepare for the next part of my journey. To those struggling with a terminal illness, I say we can remain steadfast and secure in the knowledge that the final victory is ours.

*Laurina Matos Dotel (Barahona, Dominican Republic)

Prayer:
Your will be done, O Lord. When we walk through the dark valleys, help us to remember that we will reach your kingdom of eternal joy and peace. Amen.

Back