ATTN: All Mages

Pianoforte

I remember having a weird issue on the Rotface fight the first few times we tried it. I just found out exactly what this problem was that we, at the time, passed off as a "bug"

You can not use Mirror Image on Rotface. Do not use it. If you get Mutated Infection, the small ooze spawns with 100k threat to the infected. However, >100k threat is negated by your Mirror Images, which cause the Ooze to leave you and take off after your images, which are most likely standing in the middle of the raid. So do not use that spell, as you legitimately CAN cause the raid to wipe just by having cast it.

So it was your fault....?

In short, yes, but I'm gonna blame Blizzard for creating a fight that requires a class to not use its main dps-boost ability given it by them specifically for this expansion in the final raid thereof...and then not telling us.

Possible Solution:

Cast mirror images somewhat out of the raid. Once the image dies...the slime will most likely go to a healer based on threat gen. By this time, another slime should be up and can be merged w/ the loose slime. If you just pay attention to your images and communicate when a slime is a) on an image and b) image dies and slime is on <name>, it shouldn't be a real problem.

Possible Solution:

Cast mirror images somewhat out of the raid. Once the image dies...the slime will most likely go to a healer based on threat gen. By this time, another slime should be up and can be merged w/ the loose slime. If you just pay attention to your images and communicate when a slime is a) on an image and b) image dies and slime is on <name>, it shouldn't be a real problem.

That should work, theoretically...

Back