Armor of God

Malohaut

I think I have done an Armor of God series once before. But whether I have or not, I feel compelled to bring it forth once more, not only for my own re-application for myself, but also for any who have interest.

"So what's the big deal about this spiritual armor anyway? I'm a Christian, and I seem to be doing well." No matter how well you are doing, or how at peace you are, war wages around you daily! You have to fend off the deceptions of the fallen ones. You have to resist the temptations of the world. You have to overcome the corruptable desires of your own flesh. These very things hound your every step and seek to drag you down in depression, despair, and sin. Your fight can be made successful by wearing Christ, the armor of Christ. And you will find life with God to be far sweeter and less worrysome.

And if that's not incentive enough, God promises to reward those who overcome in times of trial:

Rev 2:7 " . . . To him who overcomes, I will give to eat from the tree of life . . . "
Rev 2:11 " . . . He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death."
Rev 2:17 " . . . To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna to eat."
Rev 2:26 " . . . And he who overcomes, and keep My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations."

Don! Fight! Overcome! Watch the devil run like a baby! And allow God to bless you for it!

Ephesians 6:10-17 - One of may favorite sections of the Word. This is a great one for writing down and placing on your front door or bathroom mirror so that you can "Put on the full armor of God" before you face what the day may bring.

Back