Armageddon

Cloud G

What would happen if you took a few thousand players, and put them into a no rules, enviroment?

This morning EVE is down due to an extended downtime for maintenence. While it's down, the boy at CCP have got the test server setup for a few hours total fraggin' chaos...

"During the extended downtime on Tuesday 16th October we will be opening the test server, Singularity, for a good old-fashioned Armageddon day!

• CONCORD will be locked inside the nearest space donut store, and all solar systems will be set to 0.0 security status.
• All pilots will have super characters (yes, that’s right, the 480 million skillpoint ones).
• The market will be fully seeded with ships, modules and ammo.
• “Free for all” rules will apply across the galaxy. Or no rules at all. Whichever you prefer.
• There will be explosions. Lots of explosions.
• Podkilling allowed

Singularity will be opened around GMT1000 and will stay open until the Tranquility cluster comes back online. You won’t need to patch up to a test version, as all of this will be run using the current TQ client.

Why the big event? We are looking into some issues that have been occurring with our proxy servers, so we would very much appreciate as many players to participate as possible."
From: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=614658

Trying to logon.....
logonarmmn5.jpg

I should note that the test server is accessible anytime. It's not always in Armageddon mode either. What's more anything that happens on the test server doesn't effect what's on the real server. Plus everything is only 100 isk on the test server....so you can play around with that titan...or mother ship.

Man, that wants me to use my other email to make another trial account just to freakin' blow everything up! (and get blown up)

Back